⭐️ Chapter 5~ Fun, stars and stories

Who's awesome? I'm awesome! 2 Chapters in 2 days! Hell yea!

Chapter 5~ Fun, stars and stories.

(not fully edited, please ignore all mistakes)

"Alex, look!" Theo pointed to a net bed next to his. "We made it for you!"

I couldn't help but grin. "It's so cool! Thank you so much!" I exclaimed.

"We spent all day preparing the bed for you, so we got really worried when we thought you weren't going to come." Eddie mentioned, smiling.

"We have something to give you too!" Thomas grinned as Jessie walked up to me.

"Hold out your hand." Jessie said.

I did as I was told and he placed something small in the palm of my hand. It was a small star shape token calved out of wood. "This is amazing! Did you make it?"

He gave a quick nod and made me swear to keep it safe forever. After I said I would he clapped his hands together and announced "So, who's ready for a night of fun, stars and stories?"

Everyone cheered and went to their beds to get comfy. I sat on my bed and looked at the talisman in my hand. It was small and cute. I made a promise right there and then that I would keep it forever.

"Ok, ready?" Jessie asked me.

"Ready for what?" I queried, putting the star in the pocket of my pants.

I saw the edges of Jessie's mouth form into a grin as he blew out the candle. Then the whole place lit up. I know what you're thinking, how is it brighter with the lantern blown out. "Look up" he said and I did.

There, through the hole in the roof, was a sky was covered in little sparkling dots. The stars shone like diamonds as they lit up the night sky. It was absolutely breath-taking.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Jessie said as he took his place in the bed next to mine.

"It's amazing!" I beamed.

"Ok, who wants to start first?" James asked.

"Ooh me, me!" Eddie shouted, shooting out his hand.

"Start what?" I questioned.

"Oh right, this is your first night," Kyle answered. "Well basically, every time we spend the night in here we tell stories and then go to sleep."

"Ah." I breathed out.

"Anyways, I've got a good one." Eddie started telling his story on how he was on the coast of Trapea one day, and he found a cool shell that you could hear the ocean with.

Eddie was the youngest of the group. He had brown hair and slightly tanned skin. He was only 10 and really tiny, but great things come in small packages. He was a small whirlwind of joy who was fascinated with everything around him.

Next were the twins, Kyle and Jack. Kyle was oldest of the two and had dirty blond hair while Jack had brown hair. Other than their hair colour they were practically identical. They were both 11 and they were two cheeky little characters. They loved playing pranks on people. Sometime when I was out with my mother, I'd see them running away from the baker, probably because they messed with his flour - again. Nether the less, I always helped them out, without them noticing of course!

After the twins was Thomas. With fairly pale skin and curly blond hair hanging on his face, he was the quiet one. He didn't talk much, but he was the sort of boy who was tough on the outside and a total sweetheart within. He was 12.

Following Thomas, was Theo. He was a cubby little boy who was also only 12. He had brown hair and tanned skin and was extremely clumsy. He wasn't too smart, but his enthusiasm made up for it.