⭐️ Chapter 1~ Dirt Fields

This book is created from the depths of my awesome brain!!

©2014 by Kooliokatz All Rights Reserved

Chapter 1~ Dirt Fields

(not fully edited, please ignore all mistakes)

I looked into the mirror as I tucked my long brown hair into a clip and slip on my dirty, old, grey hoodie.

I barely recognise myself. It's like a completely different person is staring back at me. The closer I look, the more I realise how much I look like a guy.

I can just imagine my mother's reaction if she saw me like this. I giggled at the thought of my family all just staring at me with their mouths hanging open. I have to remind myself that if I'm too loud, my parents WILL find out... now that would be a good day for laughs.

I look back in the mirror and the 12-year-old girl staring back at me is urging me to hurry along before I'm late. I open the glass doors that lead to my balcony and a nice summer breeze hits my face.

I walk over to the flowers, and move the pot with the bright pink and yellow daises to retrieve my rope from where it was hidden underneath it. I toss the rope over the railing and cling to it as I slowly descend.

In no time flat I reach the kitchen window, which is slightly open. The smells of buns and cakes are floating out and luring me in. I climb in and jump from the ledge to the floor.

The chefs and cooks all greet me with warm smiles and good mornings. I can't see my favourite chef, Maude, so I follow my nose and wander around looking for something to eat.

As I casually weave my way around cooks preparing breakfast, my nose gets a whiff of something amazing and I look up to see Maude waving a bag of cinnamon buns in my face.

I grin and try to take them but Maude lifts them high above me so it's virtually impossible. She laughs as I jump up to try and grab them, ultimately ending in failure. She relieves me of my stress and hands them to me.

Maude is the main chef at my house. She's kind and sweet but I make sure to use my Thank-you's and please's around Maude.

Don't get me wrong, I love her to bits because she's always so nice and friendly to me and to everyone really... but she can be a little strict on manners sometimes.

I've even seen some of the younger cooks tense at her presence. It's actually quite funny.

As I open the big bag of buns to grab one, she reminds me to remember to save them for the boys over at the dirt hills, so I close the bag and nod.

Maude can make a mean batch of cinnamon buns and they always taste great...or at least they do until the boys drool all over them.

She pats the bag and reminds me I should get going. As I head back over to the window I came in from I spot a stack of glazed donuts by the ledge and I quickly pop one in my mouth before anyone notices.

"That's not a very healthy breakfast Alexa!" Maude yells after me. I turn my head to face her, flash her my oh so famous grin and disappear out the window before she can say anything else.

I run across the huge grassy lawn we have and reach the wall around our house.

I go to the small blue X that is marked on the wall and quickly spread the bushes and squeeze through the small crack in the wall.

The front gates are always locked this early and Mr. Dixson, our gatekeeper, is always there making sure no one gets past. Sometimes I wonder is he even sleeps there or something.