Chapter 14: Fairy Tale

***Important Note at the end.***

****

Last night's party wasn't really much of a celebration. It was more like a counseling group where one of the members had a breakdown, confessing about his guilt and regrets, while dressing up like a woman. His actions took everyone by surprise which blacken the mood of the occasion. Little by little, each member of the group packed up their things and went on home. Although their hearts and minds were overwhelmed, every one of them, felt regretful over how self-centered they acted towards one another.

As the playful sun peaked through the high scale windows inside Jack's room, the sound of songbirds and seagulls crying across the fjord was his alarm clock, shouting at him to get up and seize the day.

Jack was the last one in the manor to wake up this morning while buttoning up a navy blue dress shirt, which was slightly opened, revealing his neck line and collar bones. He wore a pair of dark khaki jeans to match. When he heard two female voices chatting away excitingly, he assumed it was Sophia and Anna. But, it was actually Rapunzel and her mother discussing about the list of guests coming to her wedding. He noticed a platinum blonde quietly walking behind them.

Sophia was down at the foyer talking to the three ladies while Jack made his way down the stairs. Anna was quietly standing by her side while his little sister was about to give a tour around the manor and estate.

Jack pressed himself against the wall, hiding away, as he waited for them to disappear into the hallway and enter the grand parlor. Apparently he was halfway hungover, with that, he didn't wanted to be seen being under the influence. He also wondered if Rapunzel and Elsa were hungover too, because he remembered the large pile of cans and bottles that overflowed the recycling box at the party.

When the woman left, Jack took a long detour to find the kitchen. While entering the room with rows of french doors and large windows wrapping around, which cast a view of the back lawn and fjord, Jack was busy searching for a coffee fix.

"Great. I seriously don't wanna go to the store just to buy some." Jack said annoyingly.

As Sasha came inside the kitchen with a basket full of flowers that grew around the estate, she noticed a pair of legs sticking out from one of the button kitchen counters.

"Jackson?" Sasha raised an eyebrow, curious of what he might be doing under there.

"Ow!" Jack bumped his head against something inside. He slowly crawled backwards out of the cupboards and stood up in front of Sasha who had her hands on her hips, quirking an eyebrow with a crook frown on her face.

"I know you're too old for hiding underneath there. I suggest using the cleaning closet if you're playing hide and go seek." Sasha said amusingly.

"Um I searching if there's an extra box or can of coffee mix?" Jack asked her like an innocent child.

"Did Robert gobbled up all the coffee again? That coffee monster." Sasha noticed a large empty jar at the corner of the kitchen counter. "I guess it's time to use those mini cups."

"Mini cups?" Jack quirked an eyebrow.

"Yes mini cups," Sasha took out a small box of K-cups from one of the cabinets

"Oh K-cups." Jack corrected her.

"No, mini cups," Jack rolled his eyes when Sasha protested back; thinking that those little instant coffee in a cup are called mini cups. "In America, we call those K-cups." He told her with a charming grin.

"Well in my world I call them mini cups." The woman's thick Norwegian accent tickled Jack's ears, causing him to smile ear to ear.

"Alright. Mini cups," Jack reached for the box and opened it.