Chapter 31: Here's To Us

Chapter Rated: T

And that was it. No more pain. No more struggles to fill up their harsh and traumatic lives. Their past no longer haunted them everyday. After Anna's departure, they knew time will be by their side once again. This time for good. Nothing will hold them back, not even theirs fears of failing was far off from their minds. All Anna wanted to see was her close friends to be a family again. And she truly received her last dying wish with the help of her faithful friends. The gang went back to their daily lives, either from working at their family's business or lending a hand at a place that needs their talent and passion. The old group of friends just wanted to keep themselves busy.

Rapunzel made some time with her husband before their honeymoon, promising to at least have time for each other after work. Finance wasn't their issue, it was their busy schedules. Kristoff, Merida, and Hiccup took their time to go about their day by training hard or making sure their families were safe and well. Merida couldn't right away leave home, even though, she was receiving tons of sponsorship and endorsement from elite sport companies and organizations, the young athlete needed to spend more time with her family before heading back to training. Kristoff continued to be a good man, watching over his family's farm and taking care of his loving parents. As for Hiccup, he kept his promise, to be proud of who he was since he was born. A happy, goofy lad that always puts a smile on those he loved. He decided to stay home for a little while - making sure his parents were alright. Especially for his dad, he made sure he was capable of getting back on his feet.

Hans was the bravest one of among the rest of them. Despite leaving his family's business, he never stopped wanting to be a lawyer. A good lawyer that was passionate to give his clients hope. And that was the main reason why he enjoyed working at Bunny's firm. Beside his career, he went back to find true love once again. This time he took things slow - letting his bond bloom with a special British lawyer with great respect and dedication. Despite the obstacles they might face, especially the distances, they found a way to meet halfway to express their love for each other.

Elsa has received the best of news since feeling bittersweet after her sister's departure. She never knew that she will get a second chance to start her dream job again. From a simple, boring morning at work led up to having a meeting with the head of the architecture and engineering department at Frost Enterprise. At first she thought she was just a dream, but, it wasn't a dream at all.

She was walking down a hallway of framed illustrations of the company's best designs and successful architects and engineers over the years. The young, bright talent was honored to be offered the job and yet she was a bit confused about why she was chosen for the job.

"Ms. Andersen. Thank you for coming." A woman in her mid-forties ushered Elsa inside to the main lobby of the architecture and engineering department building. Elsa followed her down a hallway where she entered an office where the head of the department was chatting with the company's CEO.

"Mr. Jakson. Mr. Frost. Ms. Andersen is here." The secretary acknowledged the two men in front of the room when Elsa approached them with an angelic smile on her face.

Mr. Jakson was a husky elderly man in his early sixties, sitting down behind his desk, sipping down his second serving of coffee who was listening to Jack suggesting future projects for the company to look into.

"Oh, you must be Elsa." Jakson stood up from his chair, causing Jack to pause for a moment and turned around to see his girlfriend standing right behind him. "Please come sit down." The elderly asked her so kindly. Before doing so Elsa extended her hand to accept the Head's shake hand.

"Mr. Jakson," Elsa shook his hand. "It's an honor to meet you. I'm a big fan of your work." She smiled happily.

"Oh, thank you so much." He laughed excitedly. "Now, shall we get this meeting going?"