Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

“Look Aden this is my room!” Benjamin said as we walked into the apartment, my new home. Benjamin led me through the living room and down a short hallway to his room. He opened the door and pulled me inside, I looked around his room. He had pandas everywhere, he wasn’t kidding when he said he loved pandas.

“Wow that’s a lot of pandas,” I said as I looked at the posters and paintings.

“I told you pandas were my favorite, but look at all my books on pandas.” He showed me his bookshelf full of books, most of them were books about pandas and the rest were different children books. “This one is my favorite one, do you remember it was the book I read to you?” he handed me the book, I smiled because I had just found out the reason Blake was marrying Erika and he read to me to make me feel better.

“Of course I remember, how could I forget!” he smiled and showed me some of his other books. “You know I think you need more books on pandas.”

“That’s what I have been trying to tell dad, but he says I have enough!” I chuckled and looked back at Blake, as he stood by the door.

            “Benji you have more than enough books. Now come on lets show Aden the rest of the apartment and figure out what we are going to have for dinner.” Blake said.

“Okay dad,” he grabbed my hand again and led me back to the hallway. He showed me every room and where I can find everything, it was a nice size apartment. “One more room, the room you and dad will be sharing!” he opened the door and led me inside, it was the same size of Benjamin’s room. It was done in black, navy blue and gray.

“I know that we haven’t talked about this yet, but if you don’t feel comfortable about sharing a room that’s fine, we have a spare bedroom.”

“Do you feel uncomfortable about sharing a room?”

“Nope,” he said as he put his arm around my shoulder. “It will be nice to finally share a bed with someone else besides Benjamin.”

“Then the spare bedroom is not needed,” he leaned in closer and kissed me.

“Sounds good to me, so what should be our first family dinner?”

“I want tacos!” Benjamin yelled, “Please can we have tacos?”

“I don’t know, what do you think Aden?”

“Hmm well tacos do sound good and I do know how to make the best shrimp tacos.”

“Yes, yes I want to try your tacos!” Benjamin yelled excitedly. “Please, please I only get to have tacos when Bash has them at his house!” I chuckled, god they weren’t kidding about Blake not being able to cook.

“Okay son, well come on and let’s see if we have everything Aden needs. Blake went to the store to get the few things I need, Benjamin sat on a stool next to me and watched everything I did.

“Aden are you going to miss your family?” Benjamin asked as he helped me squeeze the lime juice on the shrimp.

“Yeah but you and your dad are going to be my new family.”

“Are they going to like me? Are they going to be mad that we are taking you away from them?” I guess I wasn’t the only one that was feeling unsure about things.

“Of course they are going to like you, they would have to be crazy not to like you. You are a sweet and adorable boy, I knew I liked you the moment I met you.” I hugged him and kissed his forehead. “Don’t worry, they won’t be mad. Once they see how happy I am, they will understand it’s what I want.”

“Okay,” he smiled at me and went back to what he was doing. “Aden do you think dad will let us have a sleepover in you twos room tonight?”

“I don’t see why not, I think it will be a great idea.”

“Okay and Aden is it okay if I call you my dad too?”

“Of course you can,” I smiled at him, I might have so many thoughts and doubts running through my head right now, but Benjamin always knew how to make me smile.

“Okay dad,” he smiled at me. There was no way my family wasn’t going to love him.

After having Benjamin and Blake show me around my new home and having dinner as a family. It didn’t help get my mind off the questions and thoughts running through my head. I didn’t even know where to begin. I know for sure I wanted to be with them, but was I rushing into this too quickly? I didn’t think so but Joaquin felt like I was.

I was nervous to have my family meet Blake and Benjamin, what were they going to say about him. God what were they going to think when I told them I was moving to New York just to be with him and I have only known him for a month.

I still had to worry about what they were going to say about me breaking up with Jaxon two months ago. I also had no idea what was going on with Blake or what he had told Erika. Was I still going to have to deal with her, if so that was just going to be fantastic! Just what I wanted, to still have to deal with that vile woman.

I just have to know if he going to lose all rights to his unborn child or is he going to work things out to be able to be in their life? More importantly were we going to be able to live a happy life together? I was starting to feel like maybe Joaquin was right, we are doing this so quickly. The only other thing we could do was a long distance relationship, but I didn’t think it would be fair to any of us.

Looking out the window wasn’t helping either, it wasn’t like my view back home. From there I could see the ocean and listen to the waves crashing against the rocks, well the apartment I had shared with Jaxon. Here all I see is buildings and all I hear is traffic. The ocean was going to be something I really was going to miss besides my family.

“Hey you have been quiet since dinner, is something wrong?” Blake asked as he wrapped his arms around me. Even though things were so not in order, I felt comfortable in his arms and at least my choice of being with him felt right. “Don’t tell me Benji wore you out with his tour of the house or him helping you with dinner? Remember you agreed to a sleepover and he will be here any minute now with his family of pandas.” I chuckled.

“No he didn’t, just tired and thinking about everything. Thinking maybe Joaquin is right, you know I’m just jumping into this with no real plan and how do I know it’s not going to blow up in my face somehow.”

“I don’t think it’s going to blow up in your face and I personally think he should be happy for you. It’s not like I’m a terrible guy and making you cut ties with your family.”

“True, but the one think you need to know about Joaquin is when it comes to trust other men, it’s hard for him. His dad did unspeakable things to him and it had really messed him up, but he met his husband Grant and for the first time he let someone in. in a way I get why he is so protective, but yeah he needs to realize this is my choice, not his.”

“Yes, but don’t worry like I said, we are here for you. You are not alone in this,” he kissed the top of my head. It helped settle down some of my nerves, everything was going to turn out great, just had to believe it was.