Chapter Twenty-Seven

I was finishing Benjamin’s panda cake pops, I volunteered to make for Benjamin, Sebastian, and Sidney’s Halloween party at school tomorrow. It was a lot of work and I didn’t think I was going to finish them all but I did and I was proud of them.

“I feel like they are watching me,” Blake said as he walked into the kitchen. “You know cupcakes would have been easier to make, just make them orange frosting and draw a face or whatever.”

“Our son wanted panda cake pops, you know since he is going dress as a panda.”

“Our son has a problem, this is too much panda.” Blake said as he picked up one of the cake pops. “They look so delicious, but at the same time they are looking at me and telling me not to eat them.” I rolled my eyes and snatch it out of his hand.

“Because you’re not supposed to eat them, they are for the party. I spent too much time making them for you just to eat them all.” I had made fifty in total, plus the twenty Benjamin helped made. It was enough for his homeroom class to have two each.

“I wouldn’t have eaten them all,” I stared at him. “Okay maybe like half of them but not all.”  I chuckled, “You know I’m surprised that Benji didn’t try and make us dress up as a panda family. His obsession is worse than Preston’s obsession with monkeys.” I chuckled again, “What?”

“He did ask and we were going dress up as a panda family, but you lucked out because they didn’t have a costume in your size.” Blake chuckled.

“So what are we going to be for Halloween then?”

“As of right now, I don’t know. Do you want to dress up?” Blake shrug his shoulders. “Well Benjamin is going to be spending the night at Sebastian’s for a sleepover, so we won’t really be going out. I really don’t see the point of dressing up. Unless you wanted to dress up for the trick or treaters.”

“Let see being comfortable and just watching a movie with my main squeeze or being in an itchy costume?” Blake tapped his finger against his chin as he thought about it. “You know I’m going to have to say no to dressing up. Plus it’s going to be hell getting out of the costumes when you know when things get heated.” Blake leaned in closer and kissed me. “You know before the baby comes and it will be just us two, we won’t have to worry about Benji coming into our room.”

“You sound like it’s been forever since thing have gotten heated.”

“It feels like it’s been forever, if it wasn’t for the fact that these cake pops were looking at us I would so have my way with you right now.” I giggled as he nuzzled my neck.

“You’re an idiot,” I said as I pushed him away. “Now help me finish wrapping the cake pops, the less work I’ll have to do in the morning.”

“Yes sir,” we wrapped them up. The entire time Blake kept eyeballing them, but I couldn’t let him have one.

“You want one don’t you?”

“Yes and are you going to let me have one?”

“Not one of these. But I can let you have just a regular cake pop.” I said as I opened the fridge and pulled out two cake pops.

“You had some and you weren’t going to give me one?”

“I had planned on keeping them for myself,” He stared at me. “Hey don’t judge me, you didn’t even help so why should I save one for you?”

“Um because you love me.”

“Okay if you say so,” I chuckled as he groaned and took one of the cake pops from me.