Chapter Two

My phone ringing nonstop in the passage seat, it was Jaxon and I wasn’t in the mood to hear what sorry excuse he had. Nothing he can say could justified what he did, I could never forgive him. He was an asshole and I hated him.

I didn’t know where to go, if I went back home I would most likely run into Jaxon there. He was the last person I wanted to see right now. If I saw him right now I might end up killing him and I wasn’t about to go to jail because of him, he wasn’t worth it.

 I just drove around and around until I finally ended up outside Joaquin’s house. It was late and I didn’t want to bother them but I had nowhere else to go. I couldn’t go to my parents or my brothers, I just wasn’t ready to tell them what Jaxon did. They had really liked him and telling them he cheated was going to be the hardest thing I would have to do.

I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell, I just hoped I didn’t wake the kids up. I could hear Lola barking as someone told her to be quiet. Grant opened the door, he rubbed his eyes. “Aden it’s two in the morning,” he focused on my face. As soon as he saw my red puffy eyes he was alert. “What happened?”

I opened my mouth to speak, but only a whimper came out and I started to cry again. He pulled me into his arms and took me inside, he sat me down on the couch and kneeled down in front of me. “I’m going to go get Joaquin, just stay right here.” I nodded my head and wiped my eyes on my sleeve.

I watched as Grant went back upstairs to get Joaquin. Lola came up to me and rested her head on my leg, I stoke her head. Now I see why Joaquin loved having her around, she made me feel a little better. She might not know what happened, but it was clear she knew I was upset.

“Aden what happened?” Joaquin said as he walked into the living room. He sat down next to me and placed his arm around me, I cried as he held me. “let it all out Aden.” He stoke my hair as I cried. I cried for a good ten minutes before I was calm enough to speak.

Grant sat across from us with Lola by his feet. “I’m going to make us some hot chocolate.” Grant said as he got up and Lola followed right behind him.

“What happened Aden?” Joaquin asked again, I sat up and wiped my eyes.

“When I went to go surprise Jaxon, I was the one more surprise.” I took a deep breath, “I walked in on him screwing another guy. His assistant to be exact.”

“Oh my god Aden, I'm so sorry.” He hugged me again, “Shit I never thought Jaxon would ever do something like that.”

“I know and now I don’t have anywhere to stay. I can’t go back to our apartment for my things. I don’t want to see him right now, I know if I go home he will be there waiting for me. I’m not ready to hear that he did it because he doesn’t love me anymore.” I placed my palms over my face and started to cry again, I hated feeling this way. I wanted all the pain to go away, I just wanted to be happy again.

 Grant came back with three mugs and handed us each one. I looked at the cup, it had cool whip and sprinkled with cinnamon. Just the way Joaquin’s mom always made it for us when we were upset. I took a sip letting the warm liquid chocolate soothe me, there was something about chocolate that just made you feel a little bit better.

“Aden you know you can always stay here with us until you figure out what you want to do, take as long as you want.” Grant said, “The kids we be happy to see you more too.” I smiled, I was grateful to have them in my life. Staying them will be better than staying with my family, I still didn’t know how I was going to tell them.

“Thanks, but I promise I’ll start looking for a new place tomorrow.” I took another sip before placing the mug on the coffee table.

“Aden there is no hurry I mean it, stay here as long as you want.” Grant patted my knee.