Chapter Eight

I fixed the collar of my pale yellow shirt as I looked in the mirror one more time. It was just my regular clothes I wore when I wasn’t working. Blake told me to dress causal, so it wasn’t somewhere fancy. Just a place where friends can grab a bite to eat and talk, nothing to be nervous about. Just having dinner with a sex god, what was I getting myself into?

Why was I so nervous about this? It really wasn’t a date, just dinner with my best friend’s  friend. A guy I secretly wish would want to be with me, god I hit an all-time low. What’s even worse was his son was getting too attached to me and so was I, it was going to break my heart when I left at the end of the month. How pathetic was I to fall for a straight guy?

                I walked downstairs to see the kids watching TV, a documentary on monkeys. “Uncle Aden come watch TV with us.” Louis said as I pass by them, “He can’t he is going on a date with my dad.” Benjamin said proudly.

                “It’s just dinner with you dad Benjamin, not a date.” I said.

                “But that’s what my dad tells me when he goes out to dinner with Erika.”

                “Oh does that mean we don’t have to Erika anymore!” Sebastian exclaimed, so all the other kids started asking the same thing. “Does that mean you’re going to move here uncle Aden? That’s going to be so cool to have you here more now.” Sidney and Kara said.

                “No kids, I’m just going out to dinner with your uncle Blake, that’s it and he is still with Erika.” All the kids groaned as I headed to the kitchen. If everybody could see that Erika was bitch, why couldn’t Blake see that?

                “So you excited for your date?” Preston asked as I walked into the kitchen. He and Ramona were making spaghetti and meats for dinner and Preston was making a chocolate cake. In the few days I have been here, I have noticed this family had a major sweet tooth. Every night there was always dessert and there was always something sweet for them to snack on throughout the day.

                “It’s not a date, just dinner. I already had to tell the kids that, now you?” Preston chuckled as he put the pan of garlic toast in the oven.

                “I’m teasing and can you really blame the kids, Erika’s a bitch. Who would get excited if they thought we will get rid of her?”  Ramona agreed with Preston as she drained the noodles. “See nobody likes her.” he grabbed a big bowl out from the cabinet and Ramona poured the noodles into it.

                “Well there is something about her that he likes or else he wouldn’t be with her.”  Preston poured the pot that had the meatballs and sauce on the noodles. I reached over an took a meatball and ate it, before Preston could get mad at me.

                “Your worse than the kids,” he glared at me as I eyed the bowl of pasta. “Well that is something none of us can understand. She is just a horrible person and yet he still stays with her. I just think for the most  part of it he is lonely, you know. Erika is the first woman he has ever gone out with since Naomi passed away. They truly don’t have anyone but themselves.”

                “Well it’s a good thing they feel at home here, but kind of hard not feel that way when you have kids so loveable. They must get that from Robert,” I glared at me.

                “Hey I am very loveable,” he pouted as he mixed the pasta and sauce. “So what time is Blake coming for you?”

                “He said at seven, why?”

                “Just asking, where is he taking you?”