Chapter 5: Faith

Lucy watched as Natsu was sniffing around where the forest. The scent they had been following had disappeared leaving them stranded. Natsu sighed as he stood up right and shook his head. "No luck." 

"Where is she?" Lucy wondered worriedly.

"She must've used some kind of potion to mask her scent." Erza suggested while thinking.

"Did you pick anything up, Wendy?" Carla asked Wendy worriedly.

"No, sorry." Wendy shook her head sadly. "I tried..."

"I guess we'll split up." Gray shrugged as he looked at Erza.

"Yes, we cant afford to waste any time. We don't know how long Y/N has." Erza stated seriously.

"Let's go then!" Natsu ran off in some random direction with Happy. Lucy and the others ran in other directions as well trying to find Y/N, who was running out of time.

With Y/N...

Y/N laid under the stars and stared at them with a sadden expression. Luna and Shadow were already asleep next to her. Y/N wanted to get up and walk around, however her legs wouldn't even move now. Y/N closed her eyes while the tears slid down her cheeks. She laid there silently sobbing, not wanting to die just yet. She wanted to do so many things with her life. She wasn't ready to die. Y/N shook her head while sobbing a bit harder. She then felt a paw on her arm. She looked to see Shadow had tears sliding down his cheeks.

"Did I wake you?" Y/N asked weakly. "I'm sorry..."

"I can't sleep."

"Why not?" Y/N asked as she wiped her tears quickly, or as quick as she could with her weakening arms.

"I'm afraid."

"Of what?"

"I'm afraid I'll fall asleep and..." Shadow started crying as he went on, "you won't be here when I wake up."

"Oh, Shadow..." Y/N out her pale hand against Shadow's small cheek. "I could never leave you."

"If you're not leaving me, then why are you dying?" Shadow asked louder as he began to cry harder.

"Come here." Y/N gestured. Shadow crawled onto Y/N's stomach and curled up on it while he cried. Y/N began to pet him slowly as she whispered. "Even if I die, Shadow, I can't leave you. I'll always be in your heart and memories whether I'm dead or alive. Nothing can change that... ever." 

"B-But... you won't be here to call me cute and... I won't have anyone to call N/N..."

"Yes, some things will change, Shadow. However, I'll still be here." Y/N smiled at the young Exceed as she put her back against the grass and stared up at the sky. "Come on, let's look at the sky together yeah?"

"Yeah..." Shadow looked up as well. Y/N pointed out all the constellations in the sky. Shadow smiled as he cuddled up against Y/N's other side, no longer on her stomach. "Is it true, Shadow began, "if you make a wish on a star... it'll come true?"

Y/N replied. "That's what I was told at least."

"Hm. Seems kind of far fetched."

Y/N smiled softly. "Sometimes, for something to come true, it takes just a little bit of faith..." Is all Y/N told him as she closed her eyes, falling asleep.

Sorry for not updating in forever! Hope you enjoyed.