The Lost Boys. Chap 15: Charming Ways

Chapter Fifteen

Charming Ways

That first night after Tristan's arrival at the school, I had the strangest dream

I was at this circle-shaped plaza filled with people. But there was a kind of grayish, foggy look about everything and everybody, like we were all in a ghost town.

I looked down at myself and saw that I stood out from everything else. I was sharply defined, with vibrant, vivid colors emanating from my skin and my clothes. I felt like an intruder in this place, like I didn't belong there. 

I glanced up and saw this eerie, cloaked figure standing a little away from me. It looked like a man, because of his posture and size, but I couldn't tell for sure. He also looked different from everybody else. Although he didn't have vibrant colors, like me, and had only this long, light gray cloak covering himself, he was similarly defined, even more sharp-edged than I. He looked intensely solid, a massive presence in that hazy place. And he was looking straight at me. He started moving slowly towards me, but his movements seemed strange, alien, like someone not used to walking. He kind of floated in my direction.

His cloak hood was down, so when he got close enough, I was able to see his face. I wish I hadn't, though. It was the scariest thing I have ever seen. 

A blank, expressionless, dead face stared back at me, with black holes instead of eyes

A blank, expressionless, dead face stared back at me, with black holes instead of eyes. It didn't look human. I didn't know what the hell that thing was, but I was sure I didn't want to stick around to find out. I was so terrified, I couldn't move or scream or do anything, only watch that scary, horrible creature getting closer and closer to me. He stopped a few feet from me, those black holes in his face boring into my eyes.

When he spoke, his voice was low and soft, like a whisper.

I was expecting something hoarse and gritty, something really scary, but his voice was nothing but cool and calm, almost soothing.

"I found you," he stated.

It wasn't a question, merely an observation. And I realized he wasn't opening his mouth to speak, either. His voice simply sounded inside my head, without the need for vocalization. I was so freaked out, I could barely stand still without trembling. He tilted his head to the side, slowly, making me think of a bird of prey.