My Little Secret,Chapter 6

I practically ran out of the mansion.As I headed back towards my car I looked back one more time and released the thoughts that immediately popped in my head.When I made it back to my house the where a swarm of police cars covering my house like flies on a garbage can.

I jumped out of my car and ran as fast as I could into my house.I opened the door to see detectives and my mother sitting on the sofa sobbing heavily.

"Umm...hi?!" I said a bit rudely.My mother turned neck so fast you would think she was having an exorcism.

"Anna thank god where were you? I was worried out of my mind.I mean one minute your there,and the next you're not.If you were a mother what would you have thought?" my mother said a little less hysterically.I hugged her tightly and held her close.Sometimes I feel like I'm raising myself,I always had to take care of my mother and all her issues I forgot how to worry about myself.

"Mom,I'm alright.You have to trust that I'm always all right or we can never trust on another.Also whats the deal with the S.W.A.T Team?" I said while bringing her down to the sofa.

Not surprisingly my mother just shrugged and faced the opposite direction so I wouldn't see her chagrin.

"Thank you all for coming,but obviously I'm fine.Sometimes my mother overreacts,not meaning to be rude but can you please remove yourselves from the property.It has been a long day I really would appreciate if I got some rest." I said with the brightest smile and voice I could muster.It worked and soon all the police were gone.I sighed with utter relief.

"Come on mommy,I'll fix you some dinner and a bath then you could take a nice long rest." She stared up at me and smiled.She released my hand and walked slowly to her bedroom.I got out the pasta,tomato sauce,ground beef,seasoning,and mozzarella cheese.I prepared the baked ziti carefully using my hands flowingly.

Finally I popped it in the oven and set the timer.After that I worked on the salad.I got out the lettuce and tomato with other fixings and created that too.I always thought about being a chef,but it never really occurred to me that dreams wouldn't matter soon.That I would have an entirely new destiny ahead of me,that I would have to decide on two things I love.The timer beeped and I jumped to get my ziti.

"Mom its time for dinner.I made your favorite." I shouted.My mother walked out slowly looking sorta sad,sorta surprised.I just recently noticed that my mother has become more frail and meek.She seemed to be losing weight faster than ever.We finished dinner and I drew her a bath.

When she finally got to bed I had time to think.I thought mostly about Ryder and his offer,how it could change my life forever.I wanted to try it so I got dressed in my pajamas and slowly and clearly recited the spell. It was then when the games began.