My Little Secret,Chapter 2

By lunch everyone the rumor mill was buzzing with news about  some serial killer on the loose.Oddly enough I felt calm.I moved on not really caring about serial killer on the loose,I feel safe and thats all that counts.I got my lunch tray and sat down with Emmanuel and my BFF Naomi who was pratically hysterical.

"Ana,can you believe that there is a serial killer on the loose!  I mean this thing never happens to people who live in a big town,small towns are always the easiest target to murder and weird stuff happening.I should have been born in the city,its more my style anyway." Naomi huffed.

"You mean the city is over dramatic and cloudy." I retorted quickly.Everyone at the table laughed and I stood and took a bow,but as I was rising all of a sudden my stomach clenched and tightened.I felt so dry so empty,hollow in fact.My friends looked at me strangely and Emmanuel tried to grab my arm but I pushed him aside.

My mouth felt sticky and parched.All of sudden I was running as fast I could,I had to get to a water fountain.When I finally reached one I gulped down all the water I could. Yet and still my mouth was cold and cracked.I tried catching my breath but there was an inferno surging in my throat.

My throat was set aflame by the most raging fire and I tried to scream or shout but nothing came out.I was muted to silence by the burning ache that had now spread throughout my body.My head felt light as my body swooned and I finally was knocked off my feet.I felt the cold linenolum on my cheek as hot tears caressed my face.

Then I heard the sounds so loud and swirling.I couldn't identify the voices there were to much and the all mixed together.I felt bright lights cover my face and people dressed in navy blue pick me up and put on a strecher.My senses couldn't take the hubbub anymore and finally I drifted into a dreamless sleep.

                                     **********************************************

When I finally woke up I was in a bright white room with nurses floating around me.I blinked once then twice and finally sighed and sat up.

"Glad to see your awake.Im Doctor Everery," she said as she reached out to shake my hand.

"You had a very bad case dehydration.Have you been drinking enough fluids lately?" She questioned distractedly.I sighed and stared out the window as I thought for a second.I drank some fruit juice at breakfast.Then I drank some water on the way to English.And finally I sipped some of my sprite before I had my accident.

"I've drunk about two and a half cups a fluids.Does that qualify as 'little fluid'." I said innocently.She finally looked up from her clip board shocked.I guess that meant no.

"Umm no offense but when can I go home it's been a really long day and all these white walls and bright lights are starting to give me a headache." I squinted my eyes feeling all the stinging.

She just nodded an slowly walked out of the room almost bumping her head in the process.I giggled a bit and closed my eyes and drifted into oblivion.

A couple of hours I was finally relased from that light infested palace.With to many smiling faces and bright clothes.I exhaled happily and hopped out of the wheelchair and discreetly walked to my car and drove home.