The Mime

Tala: Next episode is called The Mime! Is that alright with you Fred?

Fred: Yeah. I need to know the real reason why I was akumatized.

Theme Song ]

Scene: The streets. Ladybug returns home from a mission. She reaches her home and detransforms back into Marinette.

Marinette: Phew! That was a close shave.
Tikki: What you did for Alya today was very cool, Marinette!
Marinette: You think? I would've liked to do more, but...
Sabine(from downstairs) Marinette! Alya's here!
Alya(from downstairs) Don't worry, Ms. Dupain-Cheng, I'll just head up.
Marinette: You didn't exactly wait very long to tell me the big news. Hide Tikki, quick!
Alya: Girl, you will not believe what just happened to me! So Ladybug had just saved a bunch of workers from a supervillain! There were like a gazillion reporters waiting to interview her and... that's when it happened!
(Alya shows her the phone, and Marinette plays the video. The video shows Ladybug rescuing a child. Then, she greets Alya, who is filming the video)
Ladybug: (from phone) Hey! Aren't you Alya, the girl who writes the blog about me? The...Ladyblog!
Alya: (from phone) Uh... yeah!
Ladybug: (from phone) I like your work. It's awesome. Keep it up! (her Miraculous beeps)
Alya: (from phone) Your earring, Ladybug!
Ladybug: (from phone) Ah! Thanks. Better get going. Bug out!
Marinette: Uh... that was super...
Alya: Cool, right? Ladybug knows me! My blog! She thinks it's awesome! Awesome! Awesooome!
Marinette: Yeah, that's... awesome!
Alya: Lemme go grab your laptop!
Marinette: You're right, Tikki, I think it made her a little happy.
Tikki: Can I see the video?
Marinette: Okay, but fast. (The phone slips out of her hand, but she grabs it) Whoa! You thought I was gonna drop it, didn't you? (Marinette accidentally deletes it)
Tikki: Video deleted?
Marinette: (gasps) I didn't just do that! Tell me I didn't just do that!
Tikki: You didn't just do that.
Marinette: Ahhh!
Tikki: Okay, you did just do that, but the least you didn't drop it!
Marinette: Oh, I really screwed up this time! Alya's gonna kill me!
Tikki: It's not the end of the world. I'm sure Alya will understand, uh, she is your best friend!
Marinette: You're right.
(Marinette imagines what will happen if she tells Alya she deleted the video, Alya will get angry at her)
Marinette: Uh, on second thought...
Alya: Who are you talking to?
Marinette: Uh, to a...a pigeon! Say hello to Alya, Jacques!
Alya: Say "Bye bye", Jacques. And come down! You've got visitors!
(They go downstairs to Marinette's room, and see Sabine, Mylène, and Mylène's father Fred.)
Sabine: What did you say the name of the play is, Mr. Haprèle?
Fred: Well, it's...
Mylène: It's called "The Mime's Extraordinary Adventures", starring the most talented, amazingly awesome actor and mime!
Fred: Come on, now.
Mylène: My father! Give it up for Fred Haprèle!
(Marinette, Alya and Sabine applaud Fred)
Fred: Thank you very much! Thank you, Mylène.
Sabine: Well, congratulations, you must make your daughter very proud!
Fred: Now all I need is my hat to complete my costume.
Marinette: (grabs a hat she designed and gives it to Fred) Here it is!
Fred: Thank you, Marinette! Saving me at the last minute.
(Fred mimes that the hat is inside a box. Fred opens the box and puts on the hat. Marinette holds the invisible box)
Sabine: Ha! I don't think Mylène was exaggerating at all!
Fred: Why, thank you!
Marinette: I fixed the tear in it. I also sewed the pocket on the inside, just like you asked.
Fred: You've done a perfect job. Thanks to you, I'll have my good luck charm right here next to me at all times. A photo of my beloved daughter.
Mylène: Aw, dad...(hugs Fred)
(Fred's phone rings. It's Sarah)
Fred: Hello, Sa...
Sarah(from phone) Fred, where are you?
Fred: Yes, I had to pick up my hat!
Sarah: I need you here now!
Fred: It's not an excuse! I know the bus is leaving in less than a half hour, I'll be there! (closes the call) That was Sarah, the place director. She's very nervous about the premiere. She's ready to blow a fuse! So I better get going. See you tonight at the Eiffel Tower, girls!
Alya: We can't wait!
Mylène: Love you, Dad!