Chapter 5

Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, da, doo, doo, doo, doo....HEY I'M BACK. :D

******************************************************************************************

 Chapter 5

 That night, I slept downstairs with the boys in the living room. We were all sprawled out on the couches or on the floor. Louis was leaning on Liam, heads resting on each other so I took the opportunity to capture the perfect LiLo moment when they weren’t looking. Right now, I was snuggled up against Harry, a blanket wrapped around the both of us. I explained to him what I was trying to do and he seemed to understand. Niall hadn’t seemed to show any signs of jealousy, which made my heart sink a bit. We decided to step it up just a little bit. I still took Liam’s warning, and stayed on my toes just in case Harry did try something. 

 My eyes slowly opened as I heard people moving around. Someone was getting up. I pretended to be asleep, scared if I opened my eyes, whoever was getting up would sit back down. Finally, all movement seemed to stop so I opened my eyes and scanned the room. Louis, Liam, and Harry were still there. It must’ve been Niall and Zayn getting up. I was tempted to go follow them, but that wasn’t really my style. I wasn’t the nosy and snoopy type. Plus I’m sure I’d probably do something stupid, like trip over my own feet, make so much noise, and get caught. I just leaned in a little closer to Harry, resting my head on his warm chest, falling asleep to his slow, steady heartbeat. 

 Niall’s POV

 “I really don’t know, Zayn.” I said, walking into the bathroom and splashing some water on my face. I was exhausted. I was really up all night thinking about it. Just seeing Addie in Harry’s arms, it just broke me. I felt like I’d been slapped in the face. “I think I just ruined everything. God, I’m so stupid!” 

 “Niall, stop.” Zayn came up from behind me, patting my back. “You didn’t ruin anything. You’re a great guy. You’re so likable so stop fussing over this. You’re the most carefree mofo I know. I’m sure there’s nothing really serious going on between her and Harry.” 

"But you know Harry! He’s charming, he’s all flirty and girls just swoon over him. I’m just the Irish one.” 

 “Stop it Niall. Don’t talk like this!” 

 “But it’s true!” 

 “Addie loves you. She might just be confused, just like you. Your conversations through the phone and through Twitter lasted for two months. Don’t you think that means something? Did you see how happy she was just to see you? She hadn’t even noticed us until Louis spoke up. She loves you for you. Harry’s conversations with girls usually last two days! Once he gets what he wants, it’s over.” 

 “But Addie’s special, Zayn!” I protested. “How can you not fall in love with a girl like that?! I mean she’s beautiful, she’s funny, she’s nice, and she can cook! She’s just perfect.” 

 Zayn sighed a bit and I bit my lip. I’m sure I was annoying him so much right now. I knew he wanted to sleep but there was this look in his eye that totally said, ‘I’m here for you.’ 

 “Niall, there’s a difference between you and Harry right now. You actually know Addie much better. Harry doesn’t. And I know you Niall. You’re always willing to fight for something you love. Even if you are as terrifying as a baby penguin.” He pinched my cheek, making me smile lightly. “You’ve waited this long for your princess. I know you won’t let her get away.” 

 I hugged Zayn and thanked him for everything. He gave me a tight squeeze, ruffled my hair with a smirk on his face, and started to head out of the bathroom. I stared in the mirror at myself until he came back in and fixed his hair a bit, making sure his quiff was all right. I pushed him out of the bathroom, chuckling. Typical Zayn.