Chapter 18 - Love, Joy, and Guilt

As these last weeks are upon us, Drake kept on looking at his letter he got from the college in Japan. He knew that I was going to support him no matter what and my words kept echoing within him. He knew that even though we were going to be apart, we will still be able to contact each other, no matter the distance. He was going to work hard and use me as his motivation to never give up on his dreams.

It was going to be hard to leave me, but he is ready to face the obstacles he needs to face in Japan.

He folded the letter back into its original state and placed it back into its envelope. He exhaled and looked out the window, "One more week..."

--

The next day...

The results from the final exams were supposed to be posted on each classroom. I looked and looked and looked and finally at the end of school, I finally knew all the results I got from each class.

I turned and my mouth was open. I couldn't speak.

Joyce noticed, "Grace! Grace!", she waved her hand in front of me and I snapped out of my trance.

"What?"

"What happened, Grace? How are your grades?"

I smiled, "I passed! I passed all of them!!!!!"

"Oh my gosh! Grace that's awesome!"

We jumped up and down with joy as Drake noticed us and smiled, "What happened?"

"I passed all of my exams!", I yelled.

"That's great!"

Before we knew it, we three jumped in the middle of the hallway with joy, laughter, and smiles.

Now I felt good about the future. Certainly.

I told my parents the news as they jumped with joy as well.

--

Time went by again and I chose to go to a certain college which offered the subjects I was most interested in.

Then, I got accepted. I continued to look at my letter of acceptance and felt the courage to tell Drake.

We met at the park later and chose to tell him the news.

I showed the letter, "I...got accepted!"

Drake smiled with joy, "That's amazing!", he picked me up and spun me around as I held him. then, he let me down, "I am so happy for you!"

I smiled with relief and we shared a kiss.

A lot of time was passing by before we knew it.

It was time to get our graduation outfits ready.

My parents and I went out shopping for a dress for me to wear and shoes.

We chose for me to wear a light colored dress and silver heels. Next, we got my graduation robe and cap and the yearbook.

This school year was definitely ending fast.

Later, I heard that Joyce was accepted to college as well and we chose to hang out to celebrate.

More like double date to describe it.

We all decided to hang out at a restaurant to eat some lunch. We both chatted and talked about our colleges and if we are ready to graduate from school.

Joyce's guy was going to go to the same college as Joyce so they can be together. And he was accepted as well.

Drake and I were both happy for them, but then I realized...am I really ready to let go of Drake?

I wish I could go to Japan with him, but my decision has been made already. I am happy for Drake and I want him to accomplish his dreams.

I clenched my fists on my lap.

I can't regret everything now.

Drake placed a hand on one of my hands, "Are you okay?"

I looked at him and smiled with a nod, "Yeah."

I placed a hand on mine and placed it on top of his.

This is what I have decided already.

--

After that day, I went out by myself to do some shopping for myself, since I had the mood to do so.

I looked around the shops in the mall, but found myself bumping into Britney who was by herself.

I turned around to try to avoid her, but she already knew I was there, "Grace!"

I stopped and turned around, "B-Britney..."

She walked towards me with a smile and I looked at her, "I don't want any trouble," I said.

"I know you don't. Can I just speak to you?"

"No...I don't trust you. Thinking back to the way you were at Prom.."

"Hey! At least I didn't try to hurt you that time!"

I was silent and I didn't respond.

"Can I just talk to you for a moment, Grace?"

I looked at her with stern eyes, "Fine...but if you try something I will not hesitate to scream for help. This is a public place after all."

We got seats at the mall's cafeteria and started to talk.

"What did you want to talk about?", I asked, keeping my guard up.

Britney looked at me with a sad look in her eyes, "I'm sorry I kidnapped you and changed Drake."

"Huh?"

"It was wrong...I never should have done that. After that incident, I recieved terrible punishments. It made me realize how stupid I was. Ever since I was punished, I started to regret everything that I did to you. I am incredibly sorry that I caused you trouble," she bowed her head. "I am not asking you to forgive me at all. I just want you to understand how I feel."

I was silent as I looked at her still bowing her head towards me.

She moved her head back up, "You and Drake are definitely made for each other. You are perfect for him. When I was with him, he couldn't stop thinking about you. He would say that he wasn't thinking about you, but I knew he was lying. He knew that he was leaving you alone with Joyce and that he knew he was worrying you. But..he thought you would hate himand so he didn't even try to get back with you."

I did not respond.

"It's my fault." Tears started to fall from her eyes from guilt.

"Now you see how your plans can backfire right?", I spoke.

She looked at me.

"I'm glad you know what you did wrong. As for the incident, I am never going to forgive you. You threatened me....you wanted to hurt me so you can have Drake to yourself. You should try thinking about the other mistakes oyu made when you hurt other people except me and yourself!"

I stood up and pushed the chair back near the table, "Thank you for telling me your feelings But I would suggest that I would never like to see you again."

She continued to cry but I stopped and looked at her with a smile, "Thank you...for being honest and for apologizing, Britney."

I walked away from her as she wiped her tears and smiled happily, "Thank you...Grace. I'm sorry...", she muttered.