Chapter 7 - Fighting Harsh Reality

Drake stood, furious with clenched fists as he remembered overhearing Joyce needed to go to a committee meeting.

His eyes shot up as he started to run back to school, "Joyce!"

--

I opened my eyes and started to squirm in the chair I sat in as my hands were tied, behind, "Let me go! Why am I here?! Let me go!"

Britney revealed her self, placing a hand on her hip with a smile, "Hello, Grace."

"Britney...why are you doing this?! What have I ever done to you?! Let me go!"

She stood before me, "What do you think?!"

"I...I don't know ah!", she grabbed my shoulder and looked at me, "Drake has been thinking about you, idiot!"

"What?"

She pushed away and gave me a piercing gaze, "It's because of you that he has started to change! He's turning back into a meaningless nerd!"

I snapped, "How dare you call him meaningless!"

She scoffed.

I continued, "So, it is true. You never really liked him! You just had Derek for your own personal benefit."

She smiled, "Yep."

"Why?"

"Why should I tell you?"

I looked at her with a piercing gaze, "Why?"

She was enjoying this as she kept on smiling, "I used Derek to make Justin jealous. It worked, and now Justin and I are back together."

She cuddled within Justin's arms as I squrimed in the chair, "You're terrible! How could you do this Drake?! He really liked you! He did!", I looke ddown with frustration.

She made me look up at her with hand upon my chin, "This is called fun and betrayal."

She laughed as they all walked away and left me in the isolated room where they locked me in.

Tears started to fall from my eyes, "Drake....."

--

Drake ran and ran and ran as fast as he could, trying to find Joyce. Then, when he found a locked door. He looked inside and found Joyce tied against a chair, looking sad with people he recognized standing around her.

He kept on twisting the knob and then he started to yell, "HEY! LET JOYCE GO!!!"

Joyce looked up and noticed his voice, "Drake!"

"Drake, what the hell are you doing? Why on Earth would you save this girl anyway?!", a guy said.

"Don't hurt Joyce, she has nothing to do with what you are trying to do!"

The guards started to laugh as Joyce yelled with confidence, "DRAKE YOU IDIOT!"

He was surprised as she continued to yell, "IF YOU CAME BACK TO SAVE ME AND YOU CAME BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SAVE GRACE, YOU BETTER FIND SOME HELP RIGHT NOW!!!!"

"Joyce....WHAT ABOUT YOU!!!"

"I WAS WAITING FOR YOU YOU IDIOT SO I CAN BEAT UP STUPIDHEADS! GO! WE HAVE TO SAVE GRACE!"

He couldn't move, but then he smiled, "BE CAREFUL, JOYCE! I WILL GO GET HELP!"

She smiled back as the guys started to walk towards her.

She stood up and spun around making the guys get hit with the chair legs. As someone tried to get her from behind, she ran backwards and hit them with the chair legs against the wall.

With someone in front of her, and the chairlegs against the wall, she used her strength to kick the guy in front of her in the stomach, making him fall to the ground.

Having enough time, she got herself out of the grip of the ropes and started to use her karate expertise to fight off everyone.

By the time Drake came back with help, everyone was unconscious except one which Joyce was speaking to, "Tell me...where the hell is Grace?"

"Sh-She....is in Britney's house..."

Joyce let him fall to the ground and stood.

"Good job, Joyce,' Drake said with a grin.

She smiled back and patted his shoulder, "Let's go."

Drake already explained everything to the grown ups as they took everyone out of the room.

--

"You know where she lives, right?", Joyce asked as she and Drake both ran towards the house.

He nodded, "Yeah I do."

It was silent for a moment but then Joyce spoke, "Just so you know.....I haven't forgiven you."

"I know."

"It's Grace's decision whether or not she still believes in you and wants to be friends with you. You know that right?"

Drake had a determined look in his eyes, "I'll be ready for whatever you says."

Joyce noticed his look in his eyes and smiled, "Okay...let's go save her before it gets too late!"

"Right!"

They both started to run faster as I waited in the isolated room, with mixed feelings containing sadness, anger, and anxiety.