Chapter 17 - Looking Forward

Britney and Justin walked towards us as Drake continued to stand in front of me in a protective way.

The two stopped in front of us and smiled, "Hello, Grace. Drake." She looked down and noticed that Drake was holding my hand, "I see you two are close now," she spoke, redirecting her gaze on the two of us.

 "Why are you here? I thought you were supposed to be expelled from school," I spoke.

"Well, I just can't miss this special event of my Senior year."

I just felt anger rise within me, "How did you even reach your Senior year?"

Knowing I was about to break, Drake held my hand tighter to stop me from talking. I looked down with embarrassment as Drake spoke this time, "We don't want any trouble, Britney. So, just leave us alone."

She laughed, "Why didn't you just say so instead of trying to pick a fight with me?", she looked at me with a glare.

I averted her gaze as she and Justin left us.

We both took a breath as Drake turned to look at me, "Are you alright?"

I nodded, "Yeah...thank you for protecting me," I added a smile and he smiled back.

"Let's go and find Joyce," he said.

"Okay."

He still held my hand as we walked around to find Joyce. Then we found her still having fun with the guy who invited her to dance.

We chose to leave her alone and went outside to catch some fresh air.

I exhaled in relief as stars lit the night sky. "The sky is so pretty."

"Yeah," Drake agreed.

There was a little silence as we looked at the sky. I looked down and held my hands, "Drake?"

He looked at me, "What's wrong?"

"Do you think Britney is going to try to do something again?"

"If she will..." he pulled me into a hug which caught me by surprise, "I will protect you."

I smiled as I hugged him back with closed eyes.

"No matter what happens....I will be here for you no matter what like we always have before," he added.

--

Time passed by....

It is time for Grad Night!

Before that time though..

"WHAT?!?! NO WAY!"

It was my turn to be shocked.

Joyce nodded, "We are dating!!!", she sat next to the guy who she met at Prom.

"Oh my gosh! Congrats!"

Drake sat next to me as the guy and him shook hands.

"So you guys are going to go to Grad Night together?", I asked.

They both nodded with happy smiles.

I smiled back, "That's good to hear!"

--

Later..

My phone rang as I finished getting ready to head back to school. I took it and answered, "Hello?"

"GRACE! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WEAR!!!!", Joyce yelled in a panic.

I laughed as this definitely brought back memories.

I told her to wear what she felt comfortable wearing. I told her not to go overboard as well with how she looked. I wanted her to be herself, just like what she told me on my first date with Drake.

--

Drake and I walked together back to school where we met everyone including Joyce and her guy.

We boarded the buses to head to an amusement park where will be having the event.

It was an hour drive until we made it.

The lights of the park were glistening within the dark as everyone went running around throughout the park to catch some rides.

Drake took my hand as we both made our way to rides as well.

Joyce and her guy left somewhere else in the park.

We rode a lot of rides that time went by so quickly.

Then we approached a haunted mansion.

I pointed at it, "Do you want to go in there?"

"Yeah, why?", he made a mischievous smile.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay? You know how much you scream when you get scared."

"What about you? You scream too."

"But, Drake, I don't scream as loud as you."

He stood in front of me, "Do you have any proof?"

I looked at him, crossing my arms, "Just when we were riding the tall rollercoaster, you were screaming so much!"

He blushed, "No I did not!"

"You did! You screamed so loud my ears were hurting!"

"I did not!"

"Did to!"

"Did not!"

"Did to!"

He took my hand as he continued to blush, "Never mind let's just go!"

I looked at him with a smile as we entered the haunted house.

And he screamed whenever people tried to scare us. I would jolt and scream lightly, however, Drake had to hold on to me when he jumped with fear and yelled louder than I did.

Just seeing him like this, made me laugh so hard.

--

He bent down and tried to catch his breath as I laughed so much, that I was crying, Oh my gosh! That was so hilarious!!!!"

I kept on laughing as he looked at me with a smile, crossing his arms, "Okay fine laugh..whatever..."

I started to calm down as I wiped tears from my eyes, "S-Sorry...I didn't mean to laugh..."

"I admit...that was funny of me...", he laughed as I laughed and we both laughed throughout the night.

And before we knew it...Graduation Day was already around the corner.