Chapter 12 - Finally Together

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!", Joyce yelled happily in the cafeteria where eyes looked at her, Drake, and I sitting at a table. "OH MY GOSH!!! This is so worth coming back from my suspension for three days!!!! I can't believe you guys are together now!!!!!"

Drake and I smiled at each other nad then looked at her, "Good to have you back, Grace," I spoke.

But then, my face turned serious, "But still...how could you use the school's property in a rough way to defeat Britney's friends?!"

"Well...what else was I supposed to do? I was tied to the chair..I had to defend myself in some way."

I sighed, "But still...you got suspended, that's going to be on your record."

She smiled, "But I still have awesome grade, don't worry about me."

I smiled, "Okay...I trust you.."

"Enough about me! You guys are together!!!", she started squirm around in her chair, her eyes sparkling, "When are you going to have your first date?"

I looked at Drake, "Drake?"

He smiled at me, "How about this Saturday?"

"S-Saturday? So soon?", I started to blush slightly.

"Well, why not? DIdn't you always say that you wanted to go to the Botanical Gardens around here? You were always talking about it before. Let's go there."

"R-Really?"

"I can pick you up in the afternoon. I'll call you."

I looked at him and smiled, while blushing, "Thank you. It's a date then."

He was surprised and blushed, looking away, "I-It's a date."

"Oh my gosh! You two are so adorable!!!!", Joyce continued to yell as Drake and I told her to be quiet at the same time, while we were both blushing like crazy.

She..can be so loud sometimes.

--

After school....

"Okay bye you two! See you tomorrow!", Joyce was walking ahead as she waved goodbye. We waved back with a smile and then Drake took my hand in his.

"Let's go, Grace," he said with a smile and I replied with a nod, letting our fingers intertwine.

We started to walk on the usual sidewalk we would usually walk on. We walked side by side with our hands together.

It definitely always made me feel a fuzzy feeling within me that would just make my heart pound like crazy. It just makes me keep realize how amazing this is to have Drake beside me like this after all these years we have known each other. It just seems so unreal.

"Joyce was so happy, but a bit too loud," I said with a giggle.

"It was nice though. It's been a while since she smiled like that right?", Drake replied.

I nodded, "Yeah....I'm glad I have a friend like her..."

I started to feel nostlagic when I remembered what she did for me before this whole mess started. She was always there to give me advice and comfort whenever I cried about Drake. I could tell that her words always tried to give me more confidence. I loved that about her. She was always determined to be there for me and protect me in anyway she could even though it would cost her.

I smiled at the thought of her, "I'm lucky..."

He looked at me and smiled, "Me too...."

"Huh?"