Chapter 5 - Questions

The next day..

Joyce and I walked through the halls of school in the morning as people found the both us and started to talk amongst themselves.

I looked around and was amazed, "Let me guess..."

"Hm?", Joyce acted like nothing was wrong as I looked back at her, "The argument you had with Drake and Britney attacted attention didn't it."

She nodded, "Yep. We argued in front of the school's entrance."

"You did?!", I exhaled, "No wonder..."

"Why?"

"It's nothing..", I shook my head, "I was just wondering."

I opened my locker and looked down, I really hope this day will not be so bad due to that argument yesterday...

"Well..Grace I"m going to go ahead. I'll see you at lunch!", Joyce said, waving towards me.

"Okay! See ya!", I waved back letting her leave.

I closed my locker after getting my books as I started to walk to class then Drake walked past me as I walked past him.

I stopped walking as he did as well.

We turned around and noticed each other.

I bowed my head and then kept on walking as he watched me leave.

He clenched his fists as he turned around and kept on walking as well.

I looked back as I noticed him walking away, but I didn't notice where I was going as I bumped into someone.

I dropped books and bent down to pick them up. The guy I bumped into did the same, "I am so sorry! I didn't mean to--", I said.

I noticed the guy I bumped into and we immediately locked eyes, "It's okay..", he replied.

"Are you..Britney's ex-boyfriend?", I asked.

"Why..yes...yes I am."

He gave me my folder, "Thank you."

"You must be Joyce's friend who happened to argue with Britney, right? Your name is Grace isn't it?", he asked as we both stood.

I nodded, "Yes...that's my name."

"I see....you're friends with Drake too, right?"

I nodded.

"Well...let your friend Drake know that if I see him again...hes dead meat okay?"

I remained silent.

He smiled, "Thanks," he turned around and waved, walking away, "Well take care now."

I watched him leave as I looked down and held my books tightly close to my chest.

I can't talk to him now...I can't warn him or anything...I'm not in the mood to even have contact with him...I don't even feel any confidence anymore...

I can't....I can't do anything for him anymore..since i will just block his way.

--

The school bell rang as I started to walk home alone.

Joyce had to do some last minute after school activities and apologized to me so many times.

I said it was okay and let her do her business.

It's been a while since I walked by myself so walking alone was not that bad.

This gives me the opportunity to think about stuff and just relax by myself, enjoying the blue sky and the nice breeze.

I sighed out loud as Drake came into my mind.

I started to think about how Drake was doing and if he was thinking about me at all.

Just seeing him in the hallway and noticing each other was the first awkward contact we have ever had.

He doesn't see me in the morning anymore, so it's Joyce who would see me now.

I didn't want her to do so, but she insisted.

Why, Drake?

We have known each other for so long...why would you tell me that I am blocking your way, now?

Have I always been blocking your way? All this time?

What happened to you?

Meanwhile...

Britney and her crew followed me secretly, watching me think to myself while walking.

"There she is...", Britney pointed out. "Are we still on for that plan?"

"Yes," a guy said.

"Perfect. Justin...are you in?"

"Of course I am...I feel bad though...she looked so sweet and innocent when I saw her and helped her pick up her books," Britney's ex-boyfriend said with a smile.

Britney smiled back as they looked at me again with evil glances.

"Grace....let's have fun soon...shall we?", Britney muttered.