Chapter 8 - Pain

Chapter 8 - Pain

Mom should be worried right now....it's already night time and I am still here...waiting...until....

I trembled within the ropes, "It's so cold...", I muttered as everyone were still awake in another area and I was still alone.

I kept moving my feet so I can create warmth.

"How can someone this cruel...do something like this?"

I noticed Britney walk over to me with a smile, "How are you doing, Grace? Are you feeling comfortable here?"

"It's...cold...."

"Oh...are you feeling cold? Too bad."

She started to walk away as I yelled, "You do know you can get arrested for doing this, right? Where are your parents?!"

She looked at me, "I don't care....and that's none of your business."

I exhaled, "What nerve...", I whispered.

She stopped walking, "What did you say?"

I was surprised as I looked at her with fear.

SHe looked at me again, "What did you say?"

I looked down, unable to talk as she walked up to me and grabbed my shoulder, "What did you say?!"

I couldn't control my breathing I was completely scared.

At this point I was desperate of help. I wanted someone to save me. I...I should have kept my mouth shut, but....

"I said.....what....nerve you have," I said with no hesitation.

"How dare--"

"BRITNEY!!!!!"

Intense knocks were heard at the door as I noticed that was Drake's voice.

I gasped, "DRAKE!!!", I yelled.

"GRACE, I'M HERE TOO!!!", Joyce yelled as well as they were both at the front door.

"Joyce..", I smiled.

"Have you come to apologize to me?", Britney asked.

"Please...don't start Britney. I just want you to release Grace. She doesn't deserve this at all!", he replied.

"Not until I hear you apologize to me for thinking about her rather than me. If I don't hear an apology, I will not let her go."

"Well then if you don't let her go, we have can call the police you know," Joyce pointed out.

Britney was silent as she smiled, "Bring it then!"

"You really are an idiot!", Joyce replied.

"Come on Derek....I need an answer," Britney spoke.

Joyce nudged him as he looked down, "Fine....I'm sorry, Britney.....I'm sorry for thinking about her more than you. I should give you more attention...I'm sorry."

Joyce and I were both shocked.

Britney giggled as she told one of the guys to open the door as she untied me from the chair.

Joyce ran inside and hugged me as I hugged her back with happiness and relief, "JOYCE!"

"GRACE!!!!:, we pulled away as she placed her hands on my face with a bright smile, "Thank goodness you're okay!"

We hugged again as Drake smiled and then looked at Britney with piercing eyes, "How could you do this, Britney!"

"You're the one who started it. You care about her more than me," Britney replied.