chapter xv

Chapter 14

They Don’t Believe In Us

“Okay, I know things are pretty confusing and I can’t get my head past it all!” Ray exclaimed excited shimmered in his eyes. Bree and I murmured in agreement.

“I mean, Bree you are moving to our school now! A-and, I’m sorry Hope.” Ray made a sad face, referring to everything about me, him and Bree.

“No, no, I don’t want to get between you and I know there was a big misunderstanding, but it’s over now, you and Bree are happy...” I smiled warmly, no hard feelings right?

“What I did was wrong.” Ray said unhappily.

“Well, I didn’t really help the situation. I’m sorry for making you sad ‘Fro ‘Fro. And for messing things up between us and making you confused.” She held his hand tightly for a moment.

“Okay, I know we all blame ourselves and all of us had a part of this but, let’s be honest, it was no one’s fault – so let’s forget this?” I was feeling uncomfortable at this conversation – it was hard to ignore the way Bree looked at Ray, I was regret in Ray’s eyes now.

“Let’s face it, I was a mistake Ray, there is no denying it.” Yes, I was pretty hurt, but I was not ‘In love’ with Ray – we were friends, nothing more.

“Hope, I-I was confused, sad and… well I know I did wrong but I hope we can move on?” I nodded. “I l-love you Hope, but we both know that we don’t feel for each other in that way.” I knew where Ray was coming from; I got up silently to hug him. He knew what he was on about. It was the truth.

“Sorry.” Ray whispered.

“Sorry.” I echoed, talking to both Ray and Bree, I hugged Bree and walked out the room a sad smile on my face.

Mikey and Alicia had disappeared from watching Saw movies again, Frank, Jamia, Gerard and Lindsey watched them eagerly.

“Sick bastards.” I joked, plonking myself next to Gerard as he side hugged me.

“Sorry about Ray and all that, I hope you are okay?” Aw, he is too cute sometimes.

“You don’t have to apologise of behalf of them and the mistakes that have been made!” I laughed, “I’m okay I guess, me and Ray and Bree are all fine. I’m pretty het up over it though, but me and Ray suit as only friends. He is obviously happy with Bree.” I smiled, leaning into Gerard a little more.

Heh.

He smells nice.

“No wonder Lindsey likes him so much…” I thought, snuggling into his side.

“Uhm, what?” Lindsey’s voice snapped me from my daydreams.

“W-what?” I sat up, looking around.

“Excuse me, Lindsey’s likes me so much why?” Gerard burst out innocently – a sweet smile on his face.

“Oh, err, that was supposed to be inside my head, but hey – you smell nice, Geetard.” I joked, sticking my tongue out at him.

“Thanks,” He smiled,

“… Wait a minute, Geetard?” He turned to be abruptly. Lindsey laughed softly to herself.

“Geebear and Geetard, I’m liking it Hope.” She high-fived me, nestling into Gerard’s side and pecking him on the cheek. His cheeks flamed red but he shook his head at our childish names.

“I’m – err, going to go, this film really isn’t for me!” I hurried out, distraught by the images of torture and worrying what more may have gone on between Lindsey and Gerard – not like I was complaining but I don’t really want to see both my best friends kissing.