chapter xx

Chapter 19

They Don’t Believe In Us

“Oh my god, I’m going to miss you so much!” Frank leapt around grabbing onto Kitty, Jimmy and Steve as we said our farewells.

Steve and I exchanged mobile numbers, and I was planning to add all of them on Facebook – because apparently the next time Lindsey is going to see them she would visit them up in New York, so we wouldn’t all be allowed to make that trip, meaning I probably won’t be seeing any of them for months and months.

I slowly hugged all of them, I could tell Lindsey really didn’t want to see them go, of course – those are her best friends who she will probably not see for at least a couple of months.

Everyone parted slowly as three out of four members of Mindless Self Indulgence sped off. I trailed back the way I had come, the excitement of the past few days wearing off like the buzz you get after drinking coffee.

I noticed Gerard didn’t follow as he usually would, instead he walked off in the direction that Lindsey had come – his arms draped casually around her shoulders.

“Do you think Gerard and Lindsey will go out?” I asked both Mikey and Frank who were walking besides me, gesturing to the ‘couple’ walking to opposite direction behind us.

“Yeah, probably.” Mikey laughed slightly.

“I mean look at them…” Frank added turning his head around to get a glimpse of Gerard and Lindsey.

Of course only I knew that Gerard had wanted to ask Lindsey to be his girlfriend, on that day that Jimmy, Kitty and Steve had interrupted them.

“It’s bound to happen.” I winked, pulling out my phone and deciding to text Gerard, just to get some juicy information.

So, you and Lindsey hey?” I typed, knowing he would understand what I meant.

I’m nervous.” The reply came only seconds later, causing my phone to erupt into a fit of Caraphernelia by Pierce The Veil.

Good luck Geebear :-)” I smiled, slipping my phone into my pocket as I turned the corner down to my house.

Calling goodbye to Mikey and Frank I stepped into the house to be greeted by the sound of my mom and her boyfriend kissing.

Gerard P.O.V

I smiled at the text Hope sent me; she was such a great friend always looking out for me.

This reminded me greatly of that day when I was ready to ask Lindsey the question – and when Mindless Self Indulgence came and my chance had gone.

I was desperately hoping that this time everything would go smoothly, we were snuggled together bracing ourselves against the cold wind.

“Lindsey, I-I was just wondering… ifyouwouldgooutwithme?” I spat out, feeling my cheeks heat up immensely.

“Really?” She asked tentatively, looking almost ridged.

I nodded slightly, feeling my hands go sweaty as I slightly let go of my hold around Lindsey’s waist.

“This is really awkward.” Lindsey said blatantly, pushing herself off of my lap, “I’m so sorry, I… I just don’t know.” I sure I actually just felt my heart break. She left.

Why the hell did I do that?

Why did I think she actually liked me?

I hugged myself warm on that bench, feeling cold, lost and lonely without Lindsey at my side.