chapter xxvii

Chapter 26

They Don’t Believe In Us

We all crashed on the sofas. Bob and I curled up on one; people basically slept anywhere they could, or wherever they were when they passed out. It’s safe to say we all woke up with a hangover - even those who hadn’t been drinking considerate amounts of alcohol. Every muscle of mine screamed in protest when I awoke, stretching slightly, the events of the past day, being stood around the field and then going crazy when My Chemical Romance played was part of the reasons my whole body ached. However I also had a feeling it was from the events after the festival, getting drunk and going crazy due to the upcoming success of the band. 

Although my body still felt weak, I dragged myself up from the sofa, my neck stiff from the awkward way I slept, however I’d been leaning on Bob, and, if I say so myself he is a rather good pillow. I tip-toed, not wanting to wake anyone, heading upstairs to the bathroom, I peeked into Jamia’s bedroom when upstairs and spotted her and Frank sprawled out on the bed. I located the bathroom, and grimaced when I set my eyes on the mirror. My brown hair was scruffy and desperately in need of a comb, luckily I had been wearing no make-up, but the bags around my eyes signified what my body was trying to tell me. A yawn escaped my lips. I dragged a comb through my hair until it slightly shone, although it was in need of a shower, thinking of that, so was I. I used mouthwash perched on the sink and took a mint from the cupboard.

I splashed water onto my face, leaving me feeling a little more refreshed, I used deodorant and a generous amount of perfume, masking the smell of booze and teenage parties. I had slept in the shorts and t-shirt I’d worn yesterday, however there wasn’t much I could do about that so I headed back downstairs, taking note of the clock. 12:09pm. 

Bob still snored gently on the couch, and the other bodily shapes strewn around the room didn’t look very awake. However, the place that I remembered Gerard falling asleep was empty. The sound of a fridge being opened sounded and I made my way into the kitchen, greeting Gerard with a small smile.

“Morning,” He yawned, working the coffee machine.

“We’re making ourselves very at home,” I smiled, looking in the fridge and coming back out with a carton of strawberry smoothie and a muffin. I shook the carton, there wasn’t much in their so I drunk it straight from it, wiping my mouth afterwards and throwing it in the bin.

Gerard scoffed, “You’re making yourself quite at home.” He grinned at me, grabbing his coffee and sitting down next to me on the stools in front of the table. I devoured my muffin, grinning cheekily at him.

I handed him a banana, before peeling myself one, telling him it helps with hangovers.

“Coffee isn’t really that great for hangovers,” I added, “Drink plain water, it’s the best.” He grimaced, telling me that he had to have coffee every morning; he was literally addicted to it. Better coffee than alcohol or drugs I thought.

It wasn’t much longer until everyone else began to stir and meet us in the kitchen, Jamia and Frank came down first, followed by Ray, Bree, Lindsey, Mikey and Alicia.

I realised that morning I hadn’t even really thought about Bob that much, considering the events of yesterday night, until I felt someone come up beside me. I was still sipping on my water, watching everyone make themselves breakfast, or, considering the time, brunch.

“Morning,” Bob’s voice was gruff and deep, exemplified by the fact he’d just woken up, making his voice adorably sleepy.

“You smell nice,” He commented, a smirk playing at his lips. I shrugged.