chapter viii

Chapter 7

They Don’t Believe In Us

We arrived at the main gates, spotting Alicia sitting on the stone steps, I ran up to her.

“So you heard of the new student?” I asked how come I was in this new person’s year but I never knew a thing?! It’s true what my teachers say to me, I need to concentrate way more! While I’m rocking out to All Time Low or Green Day I’m getting told something pretty important.

“Yeah, a girl I think, apparently in you and Gerard’s form?” Alicia questioned, I shrugged showing I had no clue, she raised a knowing eyebrow, she knows I never concentrate.

Mikey, Gerard and Ray trudged through the school gates, I spotted Frank skipping of with Jamia- yes, he was actually skipping!

Ray and Mikey I guessed where in the same form tutor because they walked of together, obviously Mikey didn’t need Alicia to show him around anymore.

“Mikey… wait up…” Alicia trailed of hopelessly, she looked almost… hurt?!

“Alicia… can I talk to you?” She nodded probably guessing what I wanted to say. Gerard was sitting there, minding his own business in la-la land.

“You know, even if Mikey doesn’t need you to show him around, I want you to still hang out with me, even if Gerard, Frank, Mikey and Ray go off together, whatever, I still want you to hang out with me.” I truly didn’t want to lose Alicia as a friend; I knew the boys would probably go off together now, after all we were only showing them around for a few weeks. But I wanted me and Alicia to hang out, she was such a great person, I would never have met her without Gerard or Mikey.

“I’m glad I met you, Hope.” Alicia smiled gratefully, we had each other’s backs now, no more her being teased- I would deal with anyone who hurt her.

“I’m glad I met you.” I laughed, waving her off, and then turning back to Gerard a grin on my face.

“You know, I’m not mean.” Gerard randomly said out of thin air, what dafuq?!

“I know…” I said carefully, not knowing where Gerard was going from here.

“So why did you say to Alicia that we will probably go off now?” I blushed, well… wouldn’t they?

“Well, you don’t need me and Mikey obviously doesn’t need Alicia, we were here to show you around. You have friends; surely you are going to be with them?” I could feel my cheeks still burning; I didn’t mean to offend him or anything!

“Yeah, but, you and Alicia are my friends!” Gerard ducked his head, “Mikey really likes Alicia… maybe likes her too much…” I gasped my suspicions where true!

“Seriously? Aw,” Gerard shot me a look “I won’t say a thing.” I faked to zip up my lips, keeping them sealed.

“Plus, he hasn’t said, I just think.” I nodded, but got where Gerard was coming from, I noticed the way they were around each other.

“We better get to tutor.” Gerard stated, his voice pulling me out of my daydreams, nodding, I stood up, making my way in the right direction.

My headphones where plugged into my ears, making it impossible to hear anyone over Bullet For My Valentine. Luckily Gerard knew not to interrupt me while listening to music; usually I ignore whoever does.

“Hope.” I heard my name called out on register, replying with a ‘Yes’ just as I entered the classroom. We were late.

I sat in my usual place, Gerard on one side, Emily on the other, everyone was talking excitedly about the new student, and most hoping it would be a boy. If it is let’s hope he was more decency to leave the sluts and jocks alone, we don’t need another player!