Chapter thirteen

It was lighter this time. I could see the bright rays of the sun as they cast strange shadows on the hot sand underneath me. 

 “Hey.”

 I turned around and he was standing in front of me, his skin tan and his light hair shining under the bright light. His arms enveloped me in a tight hug and I forced all the painful thoughts away.

 I could hear the sound of water crashing in waves and saw, from over Felix’s shoulder, that I was right in my assumption. We were in some sort of beach. 

 Felix pulled back and gazed at me in a way that made my heart flutter. 

 Are you okay?” He asked, his hand in mine as he walked me to where a blanket lay on the sand.

 I guess. I’m actually confused more than anything.” Felix sat with his legs crossed and pulled me down so that my head was resting on his lap.

 “I understand,” he whispered gently. I felt his finger play around with my curls.

 “You picked this place,” I stated.

 “Yeah, I guess I did.”

 “How?”

 “I’m not sure. I just had this really strong need to see the sea again. And I found myself here. Weird, right?”

 “Very.” I said.

 “What did you write this time?”

 I blushed, “Um…”

 “Come on, you can tell me.” I tilted my head up to look at his face and saw that he was smiling.

 I muttered, “Your name.”

 “I can’t hear you,” He teased.

 “I wrote your name.” My cheeks felt like they were on fire.

 He laughed and I felt his body vibrate. 

 “It’s not funny.”

 “No, it’s just funny that I got you to admit it.” 

 "That’s not funny either.”  I scowled.

 “It is. I am honoured to have had my name written on your book of dream wishes.”

 “It’s not a book of dream wishes,” I rolled my eyes, “it’s just an old notebook I found.”

 “Whatever you say.”

 We were silent for a while, just listening to the sound of water as it crashed on land. My fingers played with the material of the colourful blanket we were restign on. 

 I sighed.

 And then sighed again.

 “What?”

 “It’s just...I’m kind of hungry.” I said.

 “You’re asleep.” He deadpanned.

 “Not in this dream.”

 “What do you want me to do about it? You’re the one who usually controls those dreams. You do it.” 

 “But I want to see if you can do it too,” I whined.

 “You’re so annoying sometimes.”