Chapter six

Chapter 6

"What are you doing here?"

I asked after a really awkward dinner with my family, I barely managed to drag him out of there. I don't think I would've been able to survive another geeky fact by dad.

I still had an iron grip on Aaron's wrist as I dragged him away from our villa.

Aaron frowned down at tight grip I had on his wrist and I instantly let go, feeling flustered for some reason. He kept on frowning down on his wrist anyway, rubbing at it with his other hand. I sighed and looked up at the sky that was now dark with just the glow of the moon to help us see around.

"Aaron, I'm waiting..." I said impatiently as we walked farther away from the villa.

His confused look quickly disappeared, a smirk replacing it. "What?"

I just stared at him in a way that meant I was not in the mood for his crap.

He sighed, dropping the smirk.

"I wasn't stalking you, I swear. I didn't even know you came to this place." He explained.

I looked up at his face and he looked down at mine. I stopped walking and crossed my arms, pulling them closer to me for warmth since it was colder now that the sun was down.

"Well you could've called or something before stopping by, and what's up with you and my dad? He treats you like an old friend or something ... it's so freaky."

I shuddered.

Aaron also stopped and stood in front of me, looking down at me with his dark eyes that almost made me squirm.

"Look, I just came down here 'cause I had no other plans for this summer... And your parents are cool, I think they like me." He grinned at the last part.

I frowned. Aaron never struck me as a person who cared if people liked him or not, let alone my parents and for some very obvious reasons.

"That's the point, Aaron. My parents shouldn't like you." I huffed.

Aaron peered at me wearily under his dark hair, crossing his arms over his chest as I spoke.

"Why not?"

Oh my god, was that hurt I saw in his eyes? No way. I never thought I'd live the day to see the Aaron Lee with hurt clear on his face.

Impossible, I thought.

I thought he had no emotions other than that stone face he always wore, with the few occasional smirks and mischief grins, of course. I was shocked. No, shocked wasn't even close to what I was feeling right now

I swallowed hard as I watched Aaron quickly cover his expression with a smirk but I will never forget that look on his face.

He started walking ahead of me and I quickly caught up with him so I wouldn't fall behind.

"So what do you guys do when you come down here?"

I shrugged; of course he'd change the subject.

"I don't know, we just chill I guess... Oh yeah, and they usually have this awesome carnival thing down at the pier, it's pretty cool. Maybe I can show it to you? I mean if you're staying long enough" I asked before I could stop myself and I almost smacked my face at my stupidity.

Aaron quickly caught it and smirked. "Kat, are you actually asking me out? Wow what an honor."

He stopped to bow in front of me and it took everything I had not to punch the hell out of him. I continued walking, huffing and he quickly caught up laughing.