Chapter one

I dragged my lazy legs through the school's front door. Just four more days, then I'll be lounging at the pool with my friends and having the break that I deserve. I walked towards my locker where my best friend was waiting as always, passing waves to other people along the way.

"Hey, how was your weekend? Sorry I couldn't come over yesterday.

I just gave her a look that explained it all. She laughed at my expression as I pulled out my Algebra textbook. "You?"

She didn't get to answer my question as my boyfriend Jace made his way towards us.

"Hey," he pecked my lips softly.

"Hi," I smiled. We've only been together for 4 months but I was sure he was the one.

I looked back at Amy and found her playing with her fingers staring at her sneakers.

I knew that look...

She always had that look on her face when she was hiding something from me, like that one time she threw me a surprise party and she kept avoiding me with that exact look on her face. I knew her too well. Or at least that's what I liked to believe.

I looked back at Jace but he wouldn't catch my eye.

I eyed them suspiciously.

But just before one of us could say anything, the bell signaling the first class rang and I huffed in frustration.

"We'll talk about this later," I gave them a look to show them that I was serious and walked off to class.

Half way through class I felt myself forgetting about the situation in the hall way. Instead I found myself thinking about what my dad told me yesterday instead.

I was sitting on the living room couch, my Kindle in both hands. I was reading a book about some magic circus. Dad was sitting on his arm chair using his iPhone. We were both engrossed on what we were reading. Then he said something that caught my attention.

"This is interesting", he mumbled, the screen of his iPhone reflected on his geeky glasses.

"Hmm?"

"Says here, if you write what you want to dream of on a piece of paper right before you sleep you'll actually dream it."

"Really?"

"Aha..."

"That's so cool... do you think it works?"

"I think so, there's only one way to find out..."

I rolled my eyes at the creepy tone he used and went back to reading.

After a few more endless hours of boring classes, I walked my way towards the cafeteria, impatient to finally catch up with my two best friends. The sound of hungry teenagers filled my ears as I waited in the long line of the cafeteria, my stomach growling in hunger. Soon I was seated between my two best friends, eating an oily cafeteria pizza and slurping down my orange juice. As I listened to Jace explain his 'adventurous' weekend I couldn't help but feel like I forgot something important.

For the rest of lunch period I made small talk and listened to Amy and Jace's excited voices. I still had that nagging feeling at the back of my head but ignored it, guessing it was some homework I was too lazy to complete the other night.

"Hey, where are you going this summer?" Jace turned his attention to me.

"Huh? Just the usual, to that beach cabin...Maybe you could come too?"