Chapter four

I woke up in a great mood.

I sat up, yawning before hopping off my queen sized bed. The wooden floor in my room was cold against my foot as I walked the few steps to my white curtains. I yawned again, stretching before drawing the curtains, filling my room with the warm orange glow of the sun. I walked to the bathroom in the hallway, stripping off my pajamas and throwing them in the laundry basket that sat in a corner of the bathroom.

I washed my hair, taking my time since I woke up so early. I replayed the dream in my head, applying the strawberry scented shampoo to my dark hair. I smiled at the memory of fluffy clouds and I swore I could still taste the fizzy coke in my mouth. I mentally face palmed myself when I remembered what I wore though; it was weird how Lily and Felix didn't react when they saw me in that bikini.

I already knew Lily and I would be great friends, she was cute and funny and I loved the way she could control Felix, which was a wonder since he was the most stubborn person I've ever met in my fifteen years of living in this world. Ugh Felix was just plain annoying, he was rude and something else about him bugged me that I just couldn't place my finger on. The only thing I liked about him was how he took care of Lily, I had a feeling he would do anything to protect her and that was probably the only reason why I haven't slapped his face yet.

I toweled myself dry after rinsing of the shampoo and scrubbing my body clean. I slipped on a yellow summer dress that came right over my knees, it was soft and perfect for the summer. I walked out the bathroom still trying to dry my hair. I walked into my room dropping the towel on a chair before whipping my hair around trying to dry it quicker. I walked over to my kindle and turned it on, reading while I walked down the stairs to find myself some breakfast. My breakfast is never anything fancy, just cereal or bread with Nutella spread. I was graving something sweet so I made myself a sandwich after putting down my kindle.

After eating my sandwich and slurping down a glass of cold milk, I found a red apple and crunched a bite picking up my kindle again and finding a seat in the living room to continue reading.

But no matter how much I tried, I couldn't concentrate on my reading. My mind kept wondering back to the dream I had last night. I had so many questions, so many I didn't think I would ever find answers to. Were Lily and Felix real people or were they just a figment of my imagination? They didn't look familiar so I don't think I ever saw them before in my life, I mean don't most people say dreaming is just your brain replaying memories or something but I'm sure I never saw then in my life before, ever.

Soon I just settled to turning on the TV that hung on our living room wall, I cuddled close to my favorite leather chair, finding a comfortable position. I knelt forward to retrieve the black TV remote that was lying on the coffee table, having to stretch my lazy back just to reach for it... when I lost my balance and toppled over, rolling onto by back after landing face first on our living room carpet.

Laughter bounced off the walls in the room and I felt the heat rush to the point of my ears. I lifted myself off the floor to find Jade holding a banana in her hand laughing at my fall. I glared at her, angry and embarrassed but I soon joined in her laughter.

"What are you doing up so early anyway?" I asked her standing up and rubbing at the side of my face.

"Just meeting someone at that old coffee shop, the one that has the best sundae ever!" She gushed , closing her eyes dreamily, probably over the sundae part.

"Oh that one...Wow I never knew you'd date a guy that wakes up this early." I looked up at the grandfather clock that was hanging on the corridor wall; yup it was still 8 am.

"It's not a date."

I raised an eyebrow, "You only have guy friends".

"Not true!"