25. Tell Me He's Not Dead

A/N.  I'm dropping in an extra one chapter update for you all because I love you guys so much!!  If you like it, please don't forget to vote.....  Enjoy....  :-)

Emily

I woke up to the sound of two voices arguing.

I looked across at Cole and saw that he was still asleep. He had a slight frown on his face, which made my stomach clench with guilt. I couldn't believe I'd managed to drag him into this.

"He's Sebastian's son for god's sake!!" came an angry voice from the next room.

"How was I supposed to know?!" I recognised this as the voice of the large gruff man from yesterday.

"I don't know! Maybe the name might have been your first clue! Don't you even look at the intelligence I send you?!"

The door to the room opened and a tall younger guy poked his head in, looking at me briefly before turning his attention to the boy asleep next to me.

The man's long black hair was tied back, leaving the scowl on his face on full view. He had that look of a person who hadn't smiled in a long time.

Without saying a word, he turned and left the room.

I could hear the two men talking again, but this time in quieter tones. I strained my ears to try to hear. Werewolves had much better hearing than humans, and so I could just about make out what they were saying.

"What the fuck were you thinking?"

"I got you a werewolf didn't I?"

"Yes, but you also got me a whole shitload of problems too!"

"I could just take him back, and leave him where I found him?"

"He's not a damn lost puppy, Fitz!"

"Well then, what shall we do?"

There was a brief silence before the next answer made a chill run through my spine.

"You deal with it."

"What do you mean deal with it?"

"You just deal with it! God damn it Fitz, do I have to spell it out to you? Just deal with it!"

"Fuck Kane, I can't do that! He's not one of those monsters. He's a human. That's murder!"

"Yes, and this is kidnap! Do you think Sebastian will go easy on us when he finds out we kidnapped his goddamn son?!"

Someone's phone started ringing.

"Hello?" Kane answered, and after a few grunts he hung up.

"I'm going," he said to Fitz, "I'll be back tomorrow. Just.....just don't do anything else stupid ok?"

Fitz grunted in response, then I heard the sound of another door bang closed.

Cole moaned and rolled over next to me.

I quickly changed back into my human form so as not to startle him when he woke up.

"Hey," Cole said, rubbing his eyes. He obviously hadn't slept well as there were huge black rings underneath them.

"Hey," I said back, trying to hide the guilt that was trying to claw its way onto my face.

"Um, Cole, who's your dad?" I asked.

He frowned at the question. "His name's Sebastian, why?"

"They know him." I said, with a nod to the door.