14. Never Have I Ever

Cole

"P to the A to the R T Y - It's PARTY TIME! Whoop Whooop!"

I swear there was something medically wrong with her sometimes.

"My god girl, you've not even had a drink yet!" I said to Natalie as we walked up the street where the party was being held.

"That's what you think," she said with an overly exaggerated wink.

"Oh man, I'm going to be carrying you out of here tonight, aren't I?" I said with a groan.

"Hey, just think of it as payback for last time," she said with a mischievous glint in her eye.

Ah, I guess she had a point there.

I looked up at the house that was now infront of us. It was a large detached stone house, with a huge drive, lined by immaculately pruned conifer trees. I could never quite get my head around how people managed to have parties in homes like these. Where were the parents? Surely they couldn't know what was going on. The damage alone from a party like this would probably cost hundreds if not thousands to put right.

As if someone could read my mind, there was an almighty crash as a guy came hurtling through the front door riding on....on an upturned table?.... Which immediately smashed into several pieces when it came to land on the concrete floor.

We stepped cautiously towards the front door and peered in. Directly in front of us was a rather grand looking wooden staircase, and there were people cheering at the top of it.

"Man, you totally Princess Brided that!" came a voice from next to me, and the guy drunkenly high fived the idiot who had picked himself out of the bits of table.

"Can we go home?" I whispered to Natalie.

"No," she said, grabbing my wrist and pulling me inside. "Not everyone is an idiot like them."

I hoped rather than believed that to be true.

The lounge was packed with people, most who already looked off their face. The music was deafening. I say music, but actually all I could hear was a deep pounding bass beat that made my head vibrate.

We stepped over and around people until we made it out into the back garden.

The music was quiet enough out here that I could at least hear myself think, and people were either stood in groups having conversations, or were dancing to the music coming from inside.

"Hey Natalie, Cole!" came a voice from the left.

Natalie quickly dragged me over.

"Hey Charlie," Natalie replied, "I didn't expect to see you here."

Charlie shrugged. "I thought I'd come to see what all the fuss was about. So far I've got to say I'm disappointed. I haven't seen one peepee or set of jugs and it's already 10 o'clock."

"Don't worry man," came another voice, belonging to a very tall and lanky blonde guy, "the night is still young my friend."

Natalie smirked, "If you've had no luck by the end of the night Charlie, come find me and I'll flash you one of the girls," she said pointing between her two breasts.

"Hey, can anyone get in on that?" the blond asked.

"The more the merrier," Natalie replied with a wink.

"Jeez, please excuse me while I go and hurl in that bush," I said, before wandering off to see if I could find a drink.

I was already feeling massively out of place here. I had no idea why I agreed to come.