Chapter Eighteen

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

-VampireRoses1223

I sulked as I looked out the window of my car, watching several trees zoom past us.

Yes, that's right, US.

Erai was also in the car, and as you can probably guess, driving. Like always.

"You know, smiling once in a while won't kill you." Erai's playful tone irritated me to no end. And I was not the kind of person to take up this bullcrap in the morning.

"Although I'd be grateful if it did." I mumbled dully as I plopped my chin into my palm and continued staring out the window. "You seriously piss me off, you know that?"

Erai laughed lightly, which made me madder. He better not think I was joking. "Now now Master." He cooed, making me roll my eyes dramatically. "What would I do without you to scold me like you do? It gets me hot."

"You pervert!" I barked at him, earning another laugh. "And plus, why the hell are you bent on driving? Especially MY car?!"

"You don't like me driving you?" He asked with an amused smirk, and I narrowed my eyes at him. "You know better than anyone that I sure as hell don't. It's MY car, don't you think I know how to drive it?!"

"I'm sure you do." He winked at me. "You give me the impression you're very good at riding things."

My eyes widened and my mouth dropped as I scoffed, and Erai only laughed at me again. "You know, if you leave your mouth open like that, someone might take it as an invitation."

"That's it you sick pervert!" I screeched. "After work, you are WALKING home!" My blood boiled as I felt an urge to ram his stupid head into the window. But then we'd both die, so I held off on the temptation.

"You know, if you keep being ungrateful like that, I won't go easy on you at work." He winked evilly at me, and I froze as I remembered the horror that was awaiting me as soon as I got to work. Erai was now my other boss.

"Hm, that's right. You're a quick learner." He smirked and looked back at the road with a satisfied grin. I ground my teeth together in frustration. This bastard! "At least I didn't have to whore myself out to the boss to get the job." I backfired, and it was Erai's turn to have his mouth hanging open.

"Hmph, careful Erai, you know what they say." I smirked as I mocked him. "Someone might take it as an invitation. Or are you just showing me how you presented your 'résumé' to my boss?"

Shots were fired, and I could have sworn there were electrical sparks flying all over the place. Erai only grinned evilly at me as he laughed in disbelief. "You sly little minx!" He scoffed, and it was my turn to parade the victorious smirk.

"You know what happens when you fight fire with fire Erai?" I raised an eyebrow in amusement as I continued to mock him victoriously. "YOU GET BURNED!"

"Oh? Is that right?" Erai smirked one final time, turning his head and looking ahead at the road. "We'll see."

My victory smile dropped slightly, and I felt a pit open up in my stomach, making it do several flips. I had a bad feeling coming on, and from the look on Erai's face, I knew I probably should have just kept it down to a minimal... Fuck.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

My life was now officially hell.