Chapter Twenty-Eight

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

-VampireRoses1223

I drove home as fast as I could, getting lost a few times along the way because of stupid Erai driving me here before and me not paying attention. But to make matters even worse, it started storming outside, and the heavy pelting rain made it even harder to see.

But thankfully, after about a long torturous hour, I finally made it home and rushed inside before I could have a shower within the 10 foot walking distance between my car and the front door.

And plus, i needed to tell Erai about Amelia. I mean, my assumptions about Amelia were just that, assumptions, but... Better safe than sorry. And in order to do that I needed to tell Erai. Immediately.

I ran through the front door, and called out as loud as I could. "Erai! Erai, where are you? I need to tell you something really important!"

And despite my loud scream, the house was still quiet, as if completely empty. "Erai?!" I called out again, searching all over the house. I checked the living room, the kitchen, both the bathrooms, my room, and the second guest bedroom. The only room to search next was Erai's...

Maybe he was in there, maybe just was just really mad at me, or listening to music. Probably the first option, but it's nice to keep your varieties open.

I walked down the hallway to the first door on the right, and knocked several times. "Listen, Erai, if you're in there, it's time to get off your bitch wagon and talk to me. I really need to tell you something important-"

I simply gave the door a simple push, and it opened immediately. "Whoops, I didn't mean-" I rambled on, peaking inside the room to apologize, but coming to see that it was empty. "Erai..?" I called out one last time, but there was no answer. "Huh.... I guess he's not here."

I walked inside the room and began scanning the room. It was completely different form when before Erai decided to freeloader in my house. Before he came, the simple white room had literally only one desk and a chair.

But now the walls were dark regal blue, with a matching bed and curtains. The room had a somewhat cozy feeling to it, and I realized this was the first time I had to opportunity to go into Erai's room.

Before, I never actually even thought about it, due to nasty images popping up in my head whenever I even pictured what Erai could possibly even be doing in his bedroom at night, but now that I was finally in here, it was actually not that bad.

Everything was neat and tidy, which I never would have guessed Erai to actually pull off. He seems more like the irresponsible type rather than the 'I clean my room every other day' type.

And come to think of it, where did he gets all this new furniture and how did he paint the walls without me knowing..?

Oh, that's right. Djinni. Duh. He probably has a whole Ikea in his head...

I walked further inside, and sat down on the bed. I hummed with approval as I laid down on it and laid still for a while. "I seriously don't get it, with a bed this soft and comfortable, why did he always want to sleep in mine? My bed is stuffed with rocks compared to this one. And what's in these pillows? Angel feathers?"

I rolled over so that I was on my stomach while grabbed one of Erai's pillows and planting my face in it while I sighed in delight.

But even though my body was having fun absorbing the angel feathers and the heavenly cloud called Erai's bed, my mind was still buzzing with thoughts.

Maybe I kind of went too far today... I mean Erai had done his part pushing me into telling him why I wanted that deadweight heart removed, but maybe yelling at him wasn't exactly the best way.