Chapter XV

EXTRA LONG UPDATE

Thank you so so so much to LonesomeTears for her continual support throughout this story from the very beginning of this story. I wish I could meet her so I could hug her and give her my thanks. It means a lot.

Also, I love everyone else too that have been commenting, it is amazing how happy you make me.

I'm going on a roadtrip tomorrow at 5 a.m. If you're a teenager you know that is absolutely criminal and that's an absurd hour. But since I won't be here tomorrow I typed this up as quickly as I could for you guys. Thanks so much again!

Chapter XV

         I opened my eyes, one at a time and noticed I probably looked like a complete idiot. The place looked even worst in the illuminated lights. No one was attacking me, but I heard indistinct voices. I moved out of the ‘center or attention’ as it were and behind pile of junk. Directly behind me was a sort of open metallic shed, where the flood of light was streaming. I crouched into some liquid I only hoped was oil. The voices were clearer, more recognizable. One I noticed to be Avery’s, she was calm and collected, I could tell. But, if she had everything under control she wouldn’t have sent me a S.O.S message.

        I inched closer to the voices in the shed. Pretty soon, I was behind a pile of car parts, I had a clear view of Avery and a male who had his back to me. My eye widened at the sight of the side of Avery’s face, all red and welted. I was about to step forward when my eyes met burly guys standing inconspicuously off to the side. I retreated a little into my hiding spot and decided to create a less painful plan I listened instead.

         “Do you except me to believe you?” I heard an extremely familiar voice spit.

          Avery looked oddly calm despite how nervous I as feeling. “Yes, that was a onetime thing.”

         I caught a glimpse of his face as he turned to tell the burly guys to go. A sound of surprise left my mouth as I noticed he was the same guy from Marc’s cousin’s house. I ducked out of sight as the guy passed me closely.

        The strange guy from the house inched closer to her and pushed a few pieces of hair out of her face. Avery winced as his hand grazed her cheek. He pulled her closer so that his mouth was at her ear.

       Even then, he spoke loudly, clear enough to be authoritative. “That wouldn’t have happened if you’d have been a good girl and not defy me.”

          Avery sucked in a breath and nodded infinitesimally. “I’m sorry.”

         He pulled back and smiled at her, a kind of evil, I control you smile. “Then why won’t you come back?”

          His voice sounded placating, as if he was reasoning with a toddler, but the grip he had on her arm spoke about ten different languages. “I have school here, I can’t just leave.”

          “I can help with that,” he said lightly, caressing her cheek with the other hand.

           Avery pulled away from him so roughly she almost fell. “No, I’ll not let you do that.”

          I think Avery and I both knew how dangerous what she had just done was because Mr. Boss – Man had begun to clench his fists. That moment Avery’s eyes flickered out to where I was and her eyes met mine. I saw brief surprise before she quickly turned back to him. In a flash, he had already swung a fist toward her but she ducked and he seemed to get angrier. He swung the opposite hand toward her and she held onto it with as much force as she could muster.