Chapter III

Hello guys, how are you? I know this update is late but I couldn't do anything about it. I was supposed to update yesterday but people took me to the beach and then when I got home I had to leave again, so I only got time now to update, please forgive me.

Also, last chapter I had so many lovely comments, I'm aware that some of them are because of the bookclub but they were lovely nonetheless. Thanks for all the you guys have said. The theories were the best part of it all to be honest.

And I think I have the worst ship names, like how do you pair Gina and Jason or Avery and Jason? I'm sorry but that doesn't work. Tell me what you think. 

P.S. This is dedicated to TearyAngel because she was the first comment from four weeks ago and that was without the help of a bookclub. So I thank her a lot.

Chapter III

     “I heard what happened,” Gina said, running towards me with her ponytail bouncing all over the place. She was acting as if was involved in a drive-by or something. The only thing shot was my ego.

     “I’m fine,” I replied, with an audible sigh.

     Gina pinched my cheeks and moved my head from side to side. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

     I pulled her hands away from my face and held them. “I’m fine,” I repeated with more emphasis this time.

     “Don’t worry about her. I’m sure she’s some freak. I mean, who transfers in the middle of the school year?”

     I nodded in reply as she ranted on and on. A normal girlfriend would’ve attacked me about what she’d heard but instead she asked me how I was. Despite some of her issues, Gina was a really nice person, way too nice for me. Maybe I was the one with the problem.

     To stop her from talking and making me guilty, I grabbed her face and kissed her. As much as I didn’t think Gina and I were meant to be together, I still cared about her.

     Bianca, one of Gina’s best friends, approached us and cleared her throat. I slightly hoped whatever phlegm she had there would choke her. She was the school’s judgmental bitch, as bad as that sounded, and although she wasn’t a part of our group she still succeeded in making her friends’ life hell.

     “If you’re quite finished playing tonsil hockey, I’d like to speak to Gina.”

     I narrowed my eyes at her as I stepped away. Bianca wasn’t as popular as she wished she was. And because the school wasn’t the queen-bee ruler ship type she wasn’t well known. Although I suppose if she was I could’ve gotten off a little easier. I didn’t know why Gina was friends with her though, they were completely different.

     “Yeah?” Gina asked, smoothing her hair down.

     Bianca looked her up and down and wrinkled her nose in disgust. “Why’d you wear that top today? I told you I hated it. It looks like trash.”

     It irritated me that Gina wouldn’t stand up to this girl, if it was anyone else she’d probably pounce on them already. “Um, I think it looks fine.”

     “Well, it looks like crap,” Bianca declared, examining her fingernails before turning her gaze to me. “I think that womanizer label fit, hmm Jason?”

     I exhaled forcibly through my nose and turned to Gina, deciding to ignore Bianca. “I’ve got to go, see you later.”

     She nodded uncertainly and turned to Bianca once more. I pulled my keys out of my pocket and dangled them around my finger. Normally, I’d go for a ride to clear my head if I was confused, but now driving didn’t see very appealing. There was one place I wanted to go very much.