Chapter X

Hello there, lovely faces. How are you on this uneventful week. I hope you'll all good and happy because summer is so close. Anyway, here's chapter 10 and I'm happy to say it's slightly longer. Please note slightly. I enjoy reading every comment and smiling at all the theories. Thanks for giving me an oppourtunity to do that.

Dedicated to ElleNicolle for actually realising that Jason is kind of mean and not as squeaky clean as you'd like. And also for having such a kind heart. Thank you.

P.S. I've noticed just how unbelievably awful my errors in this book are, but don't worry I'll be able to fix this as soon as I'm on summer vacation and don't have to worry about the stresses of leaving high school.

P.P.S. I don't know a lot about swimming because I suck at it. I mean, I did swimming for three years of high school but I never went to a swim meet so I conjured this whole thing up in my mind. If I made some irrevocable mistake, can you point it out? And maybe if it's too big to fix we can pretend that that's how it actually goes, right? I hope you understand. Besides, swimming was never my favorite class, I dreaded it and going into the pool. Sorry.

  Chapter X

      “Elbows off the table,” my mother ordered, placing a steaming dish of pasta on the table.

        I silently complied, feeling too drained to argue. After staying with Avery, practically spending the entire remainder of the school day with her, I was physically and mentally drained. Avery had spent almost the entire time doing something I’d classify as crazy. And since it seemed that I convinced her that I was a friend, it was too soon to be afraid of her craziness.

        There something people didn’t know. There were two types of crazy; one was not having the mental capacity to grasp certain normal human tendencies and the other was feeling the need to hurt someone for your own gratification or something like that, in other words Avery.

        Jade sat beside me and played with stud in her ear. “How was school today, big bro?” she asked mischievously.

        I shrugged. “Why do you care?”

        “I’m just interested is all,” she replied with a condescending grin. “After all, you’re the perfect son.”

        My mother looked up at us and frowned. “Is there something you’d like to tell me Jason?”

        I looked over at Jade and noticed she was smiling happily, clearly excited about this. I knew if I lied she’d rat me out, so I said. “Yup, I skipped school today.”

        My mother stared at her food in concentration. “Okay, were you feeling ill or something?”

        I looked up at her to see was actually serious. “No, I’m just tired of school.”

        I expected her to cough on her food or heavily reprimand me but she didn’t. Instead she just sighed as if she was disappointed. The truth was my mother wasn’t a disciplinarian, that was all left up to my father and since he was working late, I could get away with almost anything. None of that was as pathetic as sitting home on a Friday night, eating pasta.

        We’re such bad-asses, honestly.

        “Remember that girl that was here a few days ago?” I asked, meeting my mother’s gaze.

        She stabbed the fork so forcefully down on the pasta that the plate made an audible clink. “What about her?”

         I watched her movements as she stirred the pasta around roughly. “It just seemed as if you knew her.”