Chapter VIII

• Dedicated to Everyone who's read this far

Hello pretty faces. I'm the worst aren't I? I'm not to blame though, I have exams and am under stress but I managed to get this typed up for you all quickly (If you're still looking out for this).

I don't have much to say except thank you. Thank you for giving me listening ears to my story and thanks for the continual support.

P.S. I think you should skim through previous chapters before reading this so you can remember where I stopped. Thanks so much again.

Chapter VIII

       Today could’ve officially been classified as the worst day of the term; nothing was going the way I wanted it to. First off on the ‘I hate Jason’ list was the fact that my alarm chose to disarm itself, making me half an hour late. Another crappy fact was that my head decided to throb as soon as the sunlight hit my eyes. It was beyond belief that I had the effects of a hangover without even drinking a lot.

       When I got to school I was already too late for the first session and a teacher, who hated my guts so much that she looked for every opportunity to punish me, gave me a detention when she saw me in the hallway for being late. I didn’t even argue with her; I just had one thing in mind – seeing Avery.

       Chemistry class was situated at the extreme back of the school and getting there was an absolute hassle. I wove in and out of classrooms, desperate for a short cut. Nothing was going my way though and by the time I got to the room I was sweaty and out of breath. As soon as I entered the room and lifted my shirt to wipe my drippy forehead – which in retrospect probably wasn’t a good idea – the girls cheered and uttered voyeuristic comments.

      As a normal reaction my head snapped over to where Avery and I share a desk but she wasn’t there, all I saw was a couple of papers bearing the assignment. I couldn’t help the small sense of disappointment that encompassed me.

       “Mr. Forbes, if you’re quite done wooing the girls in this class, you may sit,” Mr. Pierce said with a smirk.

       I thawed a bit and nodded absently at him. I was still practically out of breath as I sat down. If I had my van I’d have been able to shave a whole 5 minutes off the time I took to get to school. I made a mental note to pick it up after school.

       After a few minutes of explaining the experiment, Mr. Pierce left to get the supplies we needed and everyone ran amok. People who weren’t snogging each other’s face off were talking, texting or planning an intricate prank for Mr. Pierce. A small girl in un-breathable clothing perched on my desk and batted her lashes at me.

       “I’m sorry about your girlfriend,” she purred, sounding anything but sorry.

       I sighed heavily and ran a hand over my face. “She isn’t dead, you know she just – “

       “Whatever, that’s not important,” she said quickly, sitting beside me in the vacant seat. “How are you though?”

       I shrugged. “Due to the fact that everything happened just last night, I’m not in the correct mental state to answer that.”

       The girl smiled widely and used her hand to caress my cheek. “Oh, the poor baby, maybe I should help with that.”

       I fought the urge to roll my eyes; I’d probably have to teach these girls good pick-up lines, I tried to say no thanks but this girl obviously couldn’t take rejection. Before I could move away she created a lock around my neck and was almost straddling me. I tried prying her hands from around my neck but she had arms of steel.