Chapter IX

• Dedicated to All my amazing teachers

Hello, I've been wanting to post this from earlier but I had a terrible bellyache that had me writhing in pain. It's mostly gone now but I'm still feeling a bit iffy.

Anyway, I think that if you've payed attention to the previous chapters you can figure out the direction this is heading in so that's a plus. Thanks for continually making me smile, it is incredible.

I always have a ton more to say but always forget whenever I'm on here. Exams are almost finished just in about two weeks or so, then I can update like every two days. Wish me luck!

Chapter IX

        Marc had to leave after a while, something about a big, important, test. I, for one, couldn’t handle another minute at that terrible institution. I had had enough for one week. All my mind kept going back to was the image of the guy; something was definitely weird about him. I was driving around aimlessly when I realized I was actually going back to the house. The place seemed even creepier now, now that I was alone, the gargoyles seemed to be watching my every move as I approached their house.

        I left the car idling while I went to take a closer look at the house, the aura of class was still there but it was creepy nonetheless. I managed to find the cobble stone path to where my van had been parked. I looked around for the same strange guy again but I saw nothing. There was only the wind whistling until –

        “What are you doing here?” an unfamiliar voice called.

        I turned slowly, unwilling to make any sudden moves. My brows raised as my eyes met the same guy that was there before. Remember when I said he looked dangerous? Well, when he’s facing you, it’s much worst. It seemed that if he blew on me I’d be on the ground writhing in pain in mere seconds. He just looked that dangerous.

        “Uh, I left my keys here at the party last night.”

       His brows raise considerably. “Oh you go to Emerson?”

       I nodded slowly, my eyes drifted to his arms; they were roughly the same size as mine. Instead of being bulky, he looked lanky and kind of awkward but I could see that he had skill just looking at the kind of defensive stance he had. “Yeah,” I answered slowly.

       He looked thoughtfully at his shoes before looking back up at me. “Okay,” he said, eyeing me strangely.

       “Wait, what’re you doing here?”

       For a moment his eyes flashed a bit and I balled my fists. His face broke into a smile. “I’m the new gardener.”

       My brows pulled together while I tried to analyze if he was being truthful or not, and the smile was beginning to get somewhat creepy. This guy looked as if he was in his twenties and maybe fit for an indie pop band rather than a gardener. I mumbled a quick okay and turned to walk away from him although I wasn’t sure turning my back to a guy like this was a good idea.

       “Oh yeah,” he called, making me stop. “Do you know someone by the name of Avery?”

       I turned to see his expression, he was eager for what I’d tell him, I know. Thinking better of it, I shook my head briefly. “No, I don’t; why?”

       His face fell a bit and I felt relieved that I hadn’t told him yes. “Nothing, just wondering.” I nodded at him and turned to the cobble-stone pathway, trying to hurry away from him; when he thought I was out of earshot he mumbled, “Can’t expect a nerd to know anything.”

       I snorted, if he only knew the half.

       I knew I should’ve probably gone to visit Gina or something as patriotic as that but I couldn’t handle the guilt and I was positive her mother didn’t want to see me either. So, due to that crappy excuse I ended up driving along to the dingy town of Aspiration Park. I knew it wasn’t particularly a good idea to be showing up there, especially since I was trouble prone.