Chapter 9: The Dream

Daisuke tossed and turned, his dream was once again something from his past. It was a dream about his training. Daisuke was about thirteen at the time, he was sitting in the middle of the forest, shadows were all around him, zombies walked from the shadows. Daisuke stood up, he had no weapons, they were left at home. Daisuke stretched out his arms, his hands became engulfed in flames. The zombies got closer and closer, they were almost on top of him.

        "Satan's blaze burn them all" ordered Daisuke, a blue flame shot from his left hand and engulfed tons of zombies. "Belphegor consume" he called. A black flame shaped as a skull shot out and destroyed more zombies. Daisuke turned around, he saw more zombies, he pointed both his arms.

        "Mammon strike" he called. A blue skeleton bird flew from his left hand and a yellow skeleton bird flew from his right, both skeleton birds flew at the final zombies and combined. They became one big green skeleton bird and exploded when they hit the zombies. None were left standing.

        Daisuke heard rumbling coming from the forest, three cyclops stepped out band had him surrounded. Daisuke continued to call out more names. "Beelzebub feast" nothing appeared to happen, but suddenly the cyclops behind him was burnt alive, due to the fact Beelzebub is colorless but a black fly appeared once the cyclops was dead. Daisuke called the next flame. "Leviathan devour!" yelled Daisuke. A silver fire ice dragon came out of his left hand and appeared to eat the cyclops, it yelled out in agony as it burned to nothingness. "Asmodeus go have fun with your new toy" he said. A dark red pink flame shaped as a skull dragon shot from his right hand and roasted the final cyclops.

        "Is it over?" panted Daisuke.  The ground started shaking and a huge stone golem rose from the ground. It made the cyclops seem of average size.

"You've got to be kidding me" sighed Daisuke. He summoned all his energy to his fist. "Lucifer's Soul! Strike!" a dark blue flame striked at the golem causing it to explode. Nothing was left of it by the time the flames died out. Daisuke collapsed to the ground.

"Well done my successor" said a dark voice. Daisuke turned and saw a cloaked figure carrying a scythe standing in front of him. "Very few of my successors have ever been able to control the Seven Flames of Purgatory" said the figure. Daisuke heard a gasp, he looked around frantically to seen who had gasped, but he saw no one. Daisuke bowed to the figure and said "I will become the strongest there is Lord Death".

        "I know you will" replied the shadow figure.

        Daisuke woke up with a jolt. His body felt sweaty, but something else felt strange. His lips felt wet, and he felt hot, not due to temperature, but a hot sensation that felt like it came from someone else. Daisuke looked at the time; it was 6 AM, he knew Lilith wouldn't be up for at least another two hours. He decide to go take a shower and get all the sweat off his body. He quietly passed Lilith's room and went to the bathroom. He undressed and started the shower. He let the water flow down his body and clean away all the sweat. Daisuke was lost in thought, but he suddenly felt someone hug him from behind and lay their head against his back. He also smelled jasmine. He couldn't move however, it was as if he couldn't bring himself to do it. He finally found the power to do so, but as soon he turned around, no one was there. Daisuke shrugged off the feeling, his mind must've been playing tricks on him after having his reoccurring dream. Daisuke finished taking his shower and went back to his room, making sure not to wake up Lilith, he tripped on something on the way back. It was book, a journal to be exact, it read 'My Inner Thoughts'.  Daisuke figured it was Lilith's and left it on her mantle next to her bed, than went back to his room.

        He could no longer sleep, so he sat in his room and meditated. After about two hours, he heard the shower start running, that was his cue, he went to the kitchen and starting cooking breakfast for him and Lilith. He decided to give her something sweet. He made crepes with bacon and sausage, of course he poured two cups of blood for the both of them. She soon arrived, except she was still wearing her blue silk night robe, he figured she put it on after showering. Daisuke just realized he only hard cargo shorts on and nothing else, he didn't let it bother him, he just wondered if Lilith was ok with it. They finally sat down to eat, they both loved each others cooking so it wasn't bad thing if they avoided the cafeteria from time to time, especially if it meant avoiding fans or challengers, he wondered if any girls had fought Lilith for him, since he had seen a few girls supposedly making "follower" groups. They finished up their breakfast and talked for a while.

"So how did you sleep last night?" asked Lilith. Daisuke leaned back in his chair and said "You know, same old same old" as he smiled. Snow softly fell out the window as the two continued to talk, just another day in the life of Daisuke.