Chapter 8: The School Year Continues

Daisuke lay on his bed thinking about what had been happening recently. A couple months had already gone since Daisuke had arrived to the school. He'd gotten pretty used to all his classes and living with Lilith in their dorm. He only shared Math and History with her though. He had made friends with the other students of his homeroom, but he felt more connected with Lilith than anyone else. However, he did consider Dimitri his rival, every chance they got they were competing over something. Things had also changed with him and Lilith, they were no longer just roommates, in fact they were pretty good friends. Every chance they got they'd go out. Whether it was just grocery shopping or headed to the pool, they'd always invite each other. The only time they didn't go was if school interfered. On occasions they'd slide away from school and go out for some fun. Each time they went out he felt they only got closer. He'd even get her a soul sometimes. However, more boys (and occasionally a girl or two) would challenge him due to their jealousy. He still never lost to them however. His most frequent contender was a boy named Joseph a French vampire who swooned most of the girls. Rumor had it that he'd already popped about 20 girls cherries and he had two girls as voluntary slaves. Every time they fought, Daisuke had to make sure he held back, Joseph was more of a pretty boy than a fighter.

Daisuke was still pretty happy with Lilith though. They never fought at all. There was still a dorm problem, more than once Daisuke had walked in and seen Lilith topless, he always made sure to try to look away, but it was different than the first time, she'd turn around and just blush, instead of throwing something at him and calling him a pervert. That also reminded him, they'd set some rules about the dorm:

1) Always let the other one know when they're showering

2) Meals are for both unless the other says so

3) Always be in their true form unless someone is in their room

Daisuke looked out the window, it was snowing, it was winter after all. That reminded him, Christmas was just around the corner. He'd have to get Lilith a gift soon. Lilith finally walked in.

"I'm back"  she called out. Daisuke got up and walked over to the arch. He leaned against the arch as she walked in.

"How'd it go?" he asked. Lilith shrugged and walked to their kitchen. She made herself a cup of tea.

"The stupid government still wants to keep me here" she growled. Daisuke walked into the kitchen to comfort her. He put a hand on her shoulder, she turned around, hugged him and buried her head into his shirt . They stood in silence for a while as Daisuke gently wrapped his arms around her. Daisuke knew that the government still held her prisoner. He heard small sobs come from her as they stood in the kitchen.

"Let's go swimming" he suggested. Lilith looked up, nodded and went to go get her swimsuit. Daisuke knew that she was hiding a secret something too heavy she couldn't even tell him. Daisuke didn't pry, he was also hiding his own secret from her.  He quickly got his swim trunks and waited for her at the door. She met him at the door and they left.

When they arrived at the pool it was deserted. They quickly changed and went to the pool. Daisuke got in the pool first. He started doing laps as he waited for Lilith she soon arrived changed. She was wearing a red one-piece swimsuit. Daisuke stared when she saw. Lilith looked shyly at him.

"Stop" she whined, "You'll burn holes in it". Daisuke smiled, he splashed her from the pool. "Hey!" she screamed. She quickly jumped in letting the waves splash him. Daisuke sputtered as she splashed him in the face. They spent hours playing pool games. When it finally got dark they decided to call it a day. They changed back into their clothes and walked back home. As they passed the weapons store Daisuke caught a glimpse of her staring at the whip they saw before. 'That's it! That's what I'll get her" thought Daisuke. Lilith suddenly grabbed onto his arm, he didn't know why she did that all of a sudden. Out of nowhere an earthquake appeared shaking the street of where they stood. Lilith squeezed hard onto him. Daisuke shielded her from the falling debris. The earthquake soon stopped and they continued to walk, out of the corner of his eye he saw Maya hiding behind an alley wall. He wondered what she was doing but shook it off as they arrived back to their dorm.

Daisuke and Lilith changed into their true forms. "You can use the shower, I'm going to sleep" said Daisuke. Lilith nodded as Daisuke went to his room. He laid down on his bed and instantly fell asleep. The night grew darker and Daisuke began to dream.