Chapter 2: The School

Daisuke stretched as he walked out of the gymnasium, he'd just been in the welcoming ceremony for about two hours, now he was ready to go find his dorm and sleep,but sadly, he had to go and check out his classes and get familiar with his teachers. As he walked to his homeroom he pondered what he'd been told about in the gymnasium. There were four sections of the school; one section was dedicated to child assassins, kids and teens raised for killing, second was a section meant for humanoids, werewolves, vampires, lamias, witches/warlocks, almost any kind of monster you've heard of right here, the third section was government experiments, kids who had undergone strange mutations to become some sort of weapon for any government around the world. The final section was a section he'd call all of the above, it was a place where kids who were a combination of all three went, however, there were only five students in this whole section.

        "Hmph, well now they get a sixth." Mumbled Daisuke as he walked to the mixed section of the school. The classes were mixed but homerooms and dorms were kept in their respective sections. Daisuke wondered why they kept the students so separated from each other, it didn't make too much sense. Daisuke soon arrived to his homeroom, he didn't hear too much noise, this was a good sign on his part, he didn't have to be bothered by anyone as he walked in.

        As Daisuke entered the classroom, his eyes scanned the people in the room. Most seemed average. A large group of them sat around the front two desks, (if you could call a group of four large) the girls were giggling and batting their eyes at what one of the lads was saying. But there was one other person in the room that wasn't in the group. She sat at the back of the class, she was leaning back in her chair, her arms folded under her large chest, her lips were full and pouty, while her face looked like it could be a statue of a beautiful princess, her thick black hair was woven into a complex braid that was wrapped up in to a bun and held in place by two beautiful chopsticks. But what really caught his attention were her eyes. One red like freshly spilt blood the other deep purple like the sky at dusk. She seemed to radiate some sort of power that forced him to look at her, he saw the other lads shooting glances back at her their eyes lingering on her body but she clearly had no interest in them.

        She looked at him and her head tilted slightly to the left as if she was studying him. He took a step forward even without realising then quickly shook his head getting rid of the sudden desire that had come over him. He noticed her frown, but clearly more out of confusion or curiosity than anger. "Hey, you must be the new lad we were told to expect." A cheerful voice said. Daisuke looked away from the girl towards one of the lads from before. "Welcome to our class, its great to see some new blood. But a friendly warning." Daisuke raised an eyebrow. "Stay away from Miss de Angelo." "Who?" "Miss de Angelo. That's her name." He jerked his head back to the girl at the back. "She's bad news, a government assassin if you can believe it. But we all are so it's not really that impressive." He shook his head. "She has a strange way with men, has them crawling on their knees to please her. But she's a stuck up cow, to full of herself." Daisuke shot another look back at the girl. He could see the defiance and power boiling at the surface of her eyes, but he also saw a heartbreaking loneliness buried deep within her. He tuned out the rest of what the boy was saying trying to figure the girl out, around her neck was a black lace choker. And from it, like a dog collar, hung a tribal teardrop design in silver.

        Just then the teacher came in and the people hurried into their seats. The only one left was directly in front of the girl. Her mysterious eyes gleamed in challenge, but Daisuke walked over and sat down all the same. He heard hushed mutters of: "Brave kid." "Poor sod." "Next victim." From all over the room, said simultaneously by the other students. He ignored them but he could feel her staring at the back of his neck. The teacher started rattling off names in a monotone. He sat back in his chair and a hot breath hit his neck. Daisuke stiffened. "I never thought I'd meet someone like you." Her voice was smooth like silk but with a husky quality like a purr. She smelt like jasmine. "Someone like what?" He whispered back. "I know what you are." His eyes widened, no one was supposed to know what the other's were. "But stronger than you have fallen at my feet but you... you were able to resist." She inhaled and he felt her lips brush the back of his neck. "I'm curious. Could you be who I'm searching for?" The question hung in the air, he opened his mouth to reply when, "Lilith de Angelo." Her presence right behind him vanished. "Here sir." Her voice rang out from her seat, out of the corner of his eye he saw her watching him, a small thoughtful smile playing on her lips. Daisuke sat pondering if she truly knew what he was, he didn't really take much thought in to it, he didn't care if anyone knew or not, it just gave him leverage if they ever had to fight, he had a good idea as to what she was too, but that could wait, he only used information when he needed to. The teacher finally called his name; "Daisuke Zurachi?" "Here sir." Answered Daisuke. "Well I see we have a new student, why don't you come up here and introduce yourself." Suggested the teacher. Daisuke only mumbled as the teacher said that. He hated being the center of attention most of the time, it was just a huge pain in the ass for him. He slowly got up and walked to the front of the class.

        "My name is Daisuke Zurachi. I'm sixteen and I come from Japan." He informed the class. The girl from earlier once again shot him the same look she had given him earlier. He felt compelled to say something, but only for a nanosecond, he boosted his aura a bit and the feeling was gone. The girl gave the same confused but slightly curious look as before. Daisuke then walked back to his seat.

        "You're quite the interesting one, I'm going to make sure to keep my eye on you." Whispered Lilith as he sat back down, the soft scent of jasmine washing over him. "But remember stronger than you have fallen to their knees for me." Daisuke whispered back in a more serious tone.

        "Trust me, you haven't met anyone as stronger than me." A tiny pearl of laughter left her just as the first period bell rang and the students moved on to their next class. Lilith stayed a small distance behind, tiny tremors running through her. Some of fear and confusion as to why her powers weren't working but some the pure thrill of excitement.