CHAPTER 13 ~ (No) Easy love

When we opened the basement door we were still in our own bubble, slightly laughing at each other. But as soon as we entered the living room everything seemed to stop for a moment.

Stormie was in tears and Rydel wasn't looking any better. Mark was on the phone with someone , talking about taking the next flight out to Colorado. Ross and Rocky were just quietly talking to each other, looking upset. Olivia sat next to Ross, their hands entwined, softly squeezing it, trying to comfort him. I assumed Ellington and Kelly already left. I didn't understand anything that was going on.

"Hey, what's up guys?" Riker quietly asked, walking over to the guys, I followed close behind.

"It's our grandpa, he's in the hospital. He's got some kind of heartattack. They don't know if he's gonna make it. Mamoe just called and asked us to come back to Colorado for a while." Rocky answered looking up at us. Riker sat down next to him and just looked at something in the distance. 

They loved their family so much, it was sad to see them this way. Rocky walked over to his sister and his mom and just hugged his sister who had just burst out in tears.

I sat down next to Riker, placing my hand on his knee, letting him know I was there for him. He looked at me and I softly smiled at him. He grabbed my hand in the progress, I didn't really know what to do in a situation like this so I just stated the obvious.

"Look Riker, I don't know if there's anything I can do for you but if you need anything, if you wanna talk, I'm here for you. I'll always be here for you." I quietly said so only he could hear it and softly squeezed his hand. He gave me a watery smile before standing up and walking over to his dad, leaving me alone on the couch.

"....we're taking the next plane to Colorado, I don't know what else I can do, Riker. If she wants to come, fine, she can come, but you can't make her." With that Riker turned around and walked back over to me.

"I know this is gonna sound strange because I only met you today but I have this weird feeling that I've known you my whole life. You're the one thing that seems to be going right in my life right now and I know I can't make you, but I'd really like it if you could come with me to Colorado. I don't think I can do this alone, I really need someone there with me. I need you there with me." He whispered that last part but I heard it anyway. He looked at me with so much hope in his eyes. I really wanted to go with him, I wanted to be there for him, but I had no idea how my family would let me leave.

"Look Riker, I want to but..." I couldn't finish my sentence, he already looked so broken, I didn't want to cause anymore damage. "okay, I'll come" hope spread across his face. "Thank you." he whispered and wrapped me in a bone crushing hug. I knew why he whispered though, he didn't want to cry.

"You should pack some things, not too much, just for a few days." He said while grabbing my hand and looking in my eyes.

"Okay, I'll go home and pack. I know it's difficult right now but you should do the same, Riker. When does the flight leave?" I asked, looking around the room.

Everyone was getting ready to leave. Stormie and Mark were gone, I assumed they were packing as well and Rydel and Rocky were probably doing the same. As for Ross and Olivia they were still on the other couch quietly talking to each other.

"At 8AM. But only mom and dad are taking the flight. The rest of us are driving as soon as we can." I got up ready to leave when I realized something.

"Wait, where's Ryland? Shouldn't he know about this?!" I freaked out. This wasn't even my family and I was freaking out about them. Riker looked up and seemed to think of something. 

"Hey, I'll leave you guys to talk about all of this, I'll be back in a few hours." I whispered at Riker before giving him another really tight hug, it felt so nice to be close to him, I never wanted to let go. I felt at home in his arms, like I finally belonged somewhere. I wanted to be someone he could rely on, someone that can be there for him, someone he could love. 

I let go and left the house. The moment I was outside I realized I didn't have a car. Damn. I walked back inside to see Riker already standing there with his keys in his hand.

"Forgot something?" He shook his head, a small smile playing on his lips, while walking out behind me.

"Look Riker, I know I asked you to drive me, but the circumstances are different now, if I could just borrow your car, all would be easier, really. I promise I'll take care of it." I smiled reaching out for his keys. He hesitated but finally handed me the keys.

"Take care of Blue. Please." I laughed at his silly name for his car.

"Blue? Seriously?" I laughed before getting into the driver seat and waving at him before driving home.

This was going to be difficult to explain to my mom but I had no choice. I had to go with them, there was no other option.