CHAPTER 11 ~ Fallin' for you

Riker started the car and his iPod, which was plugged into the radio of his car, started playing some song I didn't know. It sounded like McFly though. I listened to their songs from time to time and I most of the time I could easily recognize voices and music styles. And my gut feeling was telling me this was McFly.

"What's this song called?" I asked Riker, trying to make conversation. "'Love Is On The Radio' by McFly" he said, "well actually it's a cover by the lead singer and his wife, but I like this version better than the original one, it has more meaning to it. Do you know the band?" he asked as he continued following his sister's car.

"Yeah, their songs are amazing!" I answered smiling. I even started humming along with the song. I was so bad at making conversation, but apperantly he was not.

"No way! They're my favorite band but almost no one knows them because they're from the UK!" he said excited. He was cute. Wait, no, he was not cute, well he was, but I couldn't think about him that way. We weren't even proper friends yet. No way I could be getting real feelings for him already.

I started looking out of the window, everything was dark outside. I saw LA flash by. Everything looked so peaceful at night.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I saw a text message from Olivia. I gave her my number earlier in case she needed me.

FROM OLIVIA: Rydel said you guys should go get us takeout pizza. She needs something at home, so we're going there and can't go to the diner. Ross said he was going to go home as well because he wasn't feeling like going out tonight, so you guys get us food and then come to the Lynch house! –Olivia x

 "Hey Riker, seems like we're on pizza duty. You think it's possible to get everyone takeout pizza? Actually we don't really have a choice, they just told us to get them food. We're gonna eat it at your house apparently." I said looking at him, I showed him my phone. He pulled over his car and took my phone out of my hands, quickly reading the text.

I saw him roll his eyes and then hand me back my phone. "Well, take out it is!" He started to drive again and this time the other cars were nowhere in sight. This time I felt like I was really alone with him, no one watching, just us. Somehow it frightened me.

"So I know you're not ready to tell me who that guy was earlier and you don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but is there someone? You know do you have a boyfriend?" he awkwardly asked. 

I chuckled at his behavior. He also held a nervous smile on his lips. Speaking about lips, I had no idea how sexy a guy could be when he licked his lips, which Riker for some reason happened to do a lot! I caught myself staring at his lips, this was getting creepy, get your act together Alex.

"Uhm, no, actually never really had one. Too many bad experiences." I answered honestly, I shivered at the memories. He somehow noticed and grabbed my left hand that was resting on my leg. I froze. His hand felt warm on mine. He slightly squeezed it and didn't let go of it as I expected him to.

"If you ever need someone to talk to, just know I'm here." His eyes left the road for a second and connected with mine. It only lasted a second but I had never felt something like that in my entire life. There was something about him that had a special effect on me.

A few minutes later he parked his car on the side of the road. His hand leaving mine as he got out of the car. I didn't immediately respond, I just sat in the car, still not over how his little actions affected me. I already missed the warmth of our hands together, what just happened?

My door opened and I saw a hand before my eyes. I grabbed it and Riker pulled me out of the car, closing the door behind me. His hand didn't leave mine for a while, it felt all so natural. 

We walked inside the pizza parlor and Riker ordered 15 pizzas of all kind. I looked at him as if he was crazy. How much did they eat?

"What? We won't have enough, you'll see." He said with a smile on his face. We sat down at a nearby table and waited for our pizzas to be ready. At some point during our conversation, he started to play with my fingers, it worked relaxing, I started to feel...happy? Yes, happy. 

"Lynch?" someone behind the counter called. We got up from our table and Riker paid for the pizzas. We each took a few pizzas and walked out of the restaurant. We loaded the pizzas in the back of his car and I got back in the front.

This time the air seemed to be lighter and smelling like pizza. We talked about all kinds of stuff. I told him that I could play a little bit of piano and guitar and he told me that I had no choice but to show it to him later. I sucked at playing but I didn't mind, I felt comfortable with him. Like I had known him my entire life. I really did like him.

Sometime later we stopped in front of a big white house in Northridge. I saw all the other cars parked in the driveway but there was not enough space left, so we had to park on the street. 

We once again each took our pile of pizzas and walked to the front door. We didn't have to ring because as soon as we stood infront of the door it flew open, revealing a smiling Stormie. "Come in guys, come, come!" She quickly said taking us towards the kitchen. I dropped my pile of pizzas on the counter and Riker did pretty much the same with his.

He grabbed two pizzas and then took my hand again. "Come with me." He whispered in my ear before guiding me out of the kitchen.

~=~ ~=~ ~= ~ ~=~ ~=~ ~=~ ~=~ ~= ~ ~=~ ~=~ ~=~ ~=~ ~= ~ ~=~ ~=~ ~=~ ~=~ ~= ~ ~=~ ~=~ ~=~ ~=~

A/N: The first part of this chapter about McFly I wrote 5 years ago. I haven't looked at this story since. 5 years later I had THE EXACT SAME CONVERSATION with Riker. Except the song wasn't 'Love On The Radio' but 'Everybody Knows'. Right now I feel like a fortune teller. Like I predicted the future or something. This is crazy. I'm shook.