CHAPTER 7 ~ (I can't) forget about you

After Zoe was done lecturing me for being late, she started the car and drove off, on our way to the gig. The venue was about half an hour away so we had some time to jam out to some music.

"You look great by the way," Zo said admiring my outfit. "like it's simple but chique. Very you." She said approvingly.

"As do you! You look hot! You were right, red really is your color." I replied praising her outfit.

"Also what did you end up telling your mom?" She asked curiously.

"Well I told her I was sick and that I was going to sleep it off. So I just hope that she isn't planning on checking on me in the near future." I said dead serious. I really couldn't have my mom coming into my room, I would be grounded for life. I'm still thankful that she didn't find out about the detention. 

"Don't worry, all will be fine." Zo reassured me.

The drive was shorter than we expected and I had almost fallen asleep right before we arrived. My best friend looked for a parking spot around the corner because there were already a lot of cars near the venue. Well what else did you expect from a sold out show?

After what felt like an eternity we found a decent parking spot. We still had to walk a little bit to get to the venue though. Zoe locked the car and we continued to walk in the direction of the building. I crossed my arms in front of my chest because it was pretty cold.

"Damn have you seen all these girls? They all look so pretty and I just look like a sack of potatoes." I pouted a little. 

"Are you crazy? You look amazing Alex! We both do!" She smiled reassuringly and nodded.

"Thanks, but that's easy for you to say. You look absolutely gorgeous." Now that we were out of the car I got to take a look at her from head to toe and she looked absolutely stunning. 

She was wearing the red dress we bought earlier with red pumps underneath. She was shameless eye candy. And if that wasn't enough she completed the look with eyeliner and dark red lipstick.

"I really hope they like me, Alex. I've never wanted something so bad." You might forget it sometimes but you're not the only secret fan here. She stopped and looked at me with a serious expression on her face. 

"I know. Don't worry, they will love you!" I reassured her. It seemed as if we stopped in some kind of alley. "Where are we?" I curiously asked, this didn't look like the venue.

"Stage door." She said pointing at something above her head. If I looked closer I saw in vague white letters STAGE DOOR written. Okay, that was dumb of me.

"Oh, okay, and again, I don't want to interrupt but um, why are we outside, it's kind of cold, can't we just go in?" I said, while starting to rub my arms again to get a little bit warmer. How she wasn't freezing, I had no idea.

"Hold on a sec. Ryland texted me to wait here, he says he's on his way." She said pulling out her phone.

"Okay, tell him to hurry up. Not all of us can afford Hollister." I sighted, how long could it take to open a freaking door? And without any warning the door flew open almost hitting me in the face.

"Are you two Zoella and Alexandra?" A middle aged man, who I recognized as Mark Lynch, said.

"Yes, that's us, sir. Ryland said to come this way." Zo said while giving him another one of her amazing smiles.

"Oh course! Come on in, you must be freezing." He said looking at me.

"Yes, thank you very much, it's actually quiet cold today." I said trying to make conversation.

"It is, isn't it." He said clearly not interested to start a conversation, he looked like he had better things to do than talk to us.

"Okay, girls I've got to go. But if you take that door right there," He said pointing to a yellow door. "you should find yourself in a hallway. Take the third door on your left, the rest should be in there." He friendly smiled at us.

"Okay, thanks!" Zo responded, she was already starting to turn around, so she could head in the direction where Mark pointed us to.

"No problem, it was nice meeting you. I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing you two around. They can't stop talking about you." He laughed and then walked away in the opposite direction than we were headed.

"He's so nice, he was clearly busy, and he was still trying to help. Hey Zo, did you notice he said they, as in plural! Do you really think they all have been talking about us?" I said to her, clearly she wasn't paying attention to what I was saying anymore.

"Mmm!" Was all that she responded before dragging me towards the yellow door.

"Are you ready?" My best friend said just before we reached the yellow door that would lead us to the hallway.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I confidently replied. I gave her a little nod.

"Alright, then let's do this!" She said excitedly and pulled the door open. We were greeted by 4 pair of eyes.

"I'm sorry, but are you girls lost? The venue's that way." Cheryl, Ellington's mother, said pointing to where we just came from. Next to her was none other than Rydel Lynch.

"I don't believe so Ma'am, Mr. Lynch said it would be okay if we came over here. We're Alex and Zoella. Ryland invited us to come tonight. We go to school with him." Zo said awkwardly.

"Oh I know who you guys are!" Rydel quickly said. "Ryland says you're chill. Go right ahead, the rest is down there." She said stepping aside to let us pass. 

"Oh and Alex, how are you feeling? Riker told me what happened earlier..." Rydel gave me a concerned look. Wow, this family sure does talk a lot to each other, or maybe it's just Rydel and Riker.

"Thanks for asking. I'm totally fine right now though. See you later?" I sheepishly replied before walking past her. I didn't really want to talk about what happened this morning, all I wanted to do was forget about it and have fun.