CHAPTER 8 ~ Loud

After what felt like forever we finally reached the green room where everyone was suppose to be but instead we found no one. That was weird. After checking all rooms we just assumed we were in the wrong place. We decided to go back the way we came, maybe we would run into Rydel again. But no luck, instead we ran into Mark again.

"Oh hey, we couldn't find anyone. Do you know where everyone is?" I asked Mr. Lynch.

"Yeah they're doing soundcheck and m&g. Here I forgot to give these to you guys earlier. You're welcome to go watch from the crowd." He said quickly giving us two stick on guest passes before he disappeared again.

 Alright, to the stage we go. We followed the sound of  drumming until we saw some signs that said STAGE. After what felt like walking in circles for 10 minutes we just assumed we were lost. Zo was just about to call Ryland, asking him to come find us we saw the lights and heard the crowd.

The band was nowhere to be seen so I assumed that all of them must be getting ready to go on. So we decided to not bother them before the show and go mingle with the crowd. 

From the side of the stage we could see the sea of people. It was filled with teenage girls, a few younger kids and parents who didn't really enjoyed being there. The 'Q&A' session was VIP only so the room wasn't full yet but it would be soon.

Zo and I got down from the stage and walked past the security guard into the room. We walked to the back and chose a good spot to stand. We were standing about four rows down from the barrier. Not a bad spot if I do say so myself.

We knew all of their songs so we were probably going to sing along. We decided that a little bit to the side in the middle of the crowd would be a good spot to hide. 

It would be awkward afterwards if they saw us fangirl. Zo stood on my left side, closer to where Ross would be standing. As far as I know he was still her favorite. 

"Hey! Watch Out!" I heard Zo yell to the girl next to her.

"What's going on?" I asked her, trying to look over her shoulder to see what was happening.

"I'm so so sorry! I didn't mean for that to happen. What can I do to help?" A girl a little younger than us said. She had spilled her water bottle all over Zo's dress. Oh that's why she sounded so pissed.

"Do you know what you just did?! My dress is ruined!" My best friend screamed at the girl, people started looking in our direction.

"I...I....I'm sorry." She stuttered, she was about to start crying. Before Zoe could do any more damage, I stepped in.

"I'm sorry for her behavior." I said to the girl, "Zo, it's only water, it'll dry, it's not ruined, so apologize to her, she didn't do it on purpose." I said to my best friend, I tried to calm her down. She sighted out of frustration.

"Fine. I'm sorry." Suddenly her eyes lit up like twinkling lights. She was looking at something in the distance. I turned around to see what she was looking at when I saw Ryland waving at her and signing for her to come over to where he was. Weird.

"It's okay. Go. I'll be fine. I'm gonna stay here alright? Say hi to Ryland from me and that I'll see him after the show." She nodded and pushed her way through the crowd to where Ryland was. The brown haired girl from before was still standing next to me. She was frowning at the whole situation.

"How does she know him? Are they together or something" The girl asked looking at me. I saw Ryland and Zo going backstage.

"We all go to the same school, so yeah we kinda know each other." She looked at me like I was crazy. 

"ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU ARE FRIENDS?" She yelled, receiving angry looks from the girls around us.

"Yeah, we are." I laughed "I'm Alex, by the way." I said extending my hand.

"Olivia." She responded. I had a feeling I was going to like this girl.

Me and Olivia didn't really pay attention to what was going on around us, we were  both too busy talking to each other, telling crazy R5 stories. For the first time since meeting Ryland two weeks ago, I felt like I could be a fan again.

After a while more fans started coming inside, causing me to get pushed up against the people in front of me. They must've opened the doors.

"So, who's your absolute favorite?" I asked Olivia pointing to the empty stage. She blushed, trying to hide her crush.

"Well, I've always had this think for Ross, call me crazy, but I actually really like him. As in really really like him. I know it's stupid." She looked down. I sort of knew what she was talking about. A few days ago that would be me, crushing on Riker. Now, I didn't really know anymore.

"No, it's not. I totally know how you feel." I said looking at her with sympathy. Then I remembered I could actually make part of her dream come true. 

"So, Olivia, I don't know if I'm allowed to ask you this but would you like come backstage with me after the show? They invited Zo and I and I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you would tag along." Zo was probably going to hate me for asking water girl along but who am I do deny this girl her dream. Plus she was nice.

"Oh My Stars! I would love to! Yes!" She was doing a mini happy dance. Just at that moment R5 was introduced. They didn't have an opener because it was only a small show. I looked around for Zoe but she was nowhere to be seen. 

The concert began and it lived up to all my expectations. Olivia and I were singing along to every single song and dancing like crazy the entire time.

Time passed and it was time for the Instagram picture. The boys and Rydel dove into the crowed and touched a couple of girls hands. I felt like I was going deaf but I didn't mind. This was my R5 family and I loved them.

Everyone turned towards the stage for a picture and we all smiled at the camera. I was relieved that Riker hadn't noticed me the entire time. When the photo was taken he turned back around and hugged a couple of girls in the front row. He then leaned over all the other girls. I was trying to not draw attention to myself. 

But that's when it happened. Our eyes locked and I knew there would never be anybody else.