CHAPTER 15 ~ Did you have your fun?

ZOELLA POV

"OMG THAT WAS SO BADASS" I screamed while falling down in the soft californian sand. Ryland sat next to me laughing like there was no tomorrow.

"I can't believe we just did that." Ryland said while placing an innocent soft kiss on my cheek. My cheeks turned as red as my dress. This night couldn't have gone any better.

Earlier tonight Ryland had had the most brilliant idea. He had suggested to skip the concert and do something crazy instead. That's basically my life motto so of course I had said yes. 

And boy, had I never felt so alive before. As soon as we had been outside, I felt free. Ryland got behind the wheel of my car and took us to his 'secret' location. I wasn't allowed to know where we were going but I was really excited.

We ended up driving around the hills, at one point the road just stopped so Ryland sort of parked the car there. The rest we had walked to, I was still oblivious as to where we were but I completely trusted Ryland.

As soon as we were almost there Ryland placed his hands over my eyes.

"No peaking." he whispered in my ear. I loved the sound of his voice. I had developed a serious crush on him over the past two weeks. And tonight I had the feeling that it was mutual.

When his surprise was revealed I couldn't believe my eyes. This looked like a scene from a movie. Right in front of us was the beautiful city of Los Angeles but that's not what astonished me, it was the giant HOLLYWOOD letters behind us that got me completely silent. Not only did we have the most amazing view, we had also broken into one of California's most treasured properties.

We ended up talking for what felt like hours and I felt like the queen of the world. He had brought some snacks and some drinks and we had the time of our lives. That was until the cops showed up. 

Lucky for us they weren't very quiet and they pretty much alarmed us from miles away. As soon as we saw the blue and red lights, we ran. I thanked god I took off my heels earlier and left them in the car. I still wasn't as fast as Ryland but it definitely helped that I wasn't running in 10inch heels.

Without any trouble we got back to my car and drove off, still laughing our asses off in the car. Next stop was something I never expected I would do. We stopped at a liquor store and walked inside. Ryland said I should just trust him and that he had done this before. As we were both still underage I had no idea what he was suggesting. Somewhere I knew but I couldn't believe that someone as him was capable of it.

A not so very subtile Ryland put a bottle of vodka under his shirt and grabbed a package of cigarettes. He walked over to the counter and payed for the cigarettes with his fake ID, not trying to act suspicious about the vodka. The cashier didn't seem to notice anything strange so he just let us go. Of course, he probably didn't even notice what was going on because he looked high as a kite.

Once we were back in the car I couldn't believe what we just did. Of course I was no angel but I had never actually shoplifted. This was a whole new experience.

We finally drove to the beach and that was the first time I actually felt like a teenager.

Right now I was leaning agains Ryland looking at the silent beach in front of us. This was one of the best nights I've ever had. I wish it would never end. 

Ryland had brought along the vodka and quietly took a sip. I grabbed the bottle from him and also took a huge gulp. Maybe that wasn't my best idea because the next thing I know I felt myself get tipsy. Ryland was pretty much in the same condition. 

We were laughing about the stupidest things and it turns out that when you have alcohol in your system you have really honest conversation. 

And that was the last thing I remembered before waking up in a strange bed what I suppose was the next morning. Above me was a grey dull looking ceiling and there was a horrible smell hanging around wherever I was. 

I tried sitting up and felt a major headache coming on, crap. What happened last night and why can't I seem to remember anything? I looked around the room to find the basics of what I assumed was a prison cell, there was a small dirty toilet, some benches and a mattress. 

Well this is a rather interesting way to start my day. I wanted to know why I was even in here and decided it was worth a try to call someone over. I got up from the nasty stained mattress and went up to the cell door.

"Hello?" I tried, not really knowing what to expect.

"It's no use sweetheart, they only check on us twice a day." I jumped up at the sound of a voice behind me. I hadn't noticed her before. There was a girl a little older than I was, lying on another mattress across the room.

"Wait..who are you?" I said while switching to my bitch mode. Most of the time it intimidated people when I talked like that. Meanwhile I was actually scared to death on the inside.

"Just call me..." She started saying while getting a knife from underneath her jacket. She couldn't finish her sentence as a second later a cop came over.

"AH You're awake! Finally!" He said directly to me while lifting his hands to the sky, overdramatizing the fact that I was awake.

"Where am I and what am I doing here?" I demanded while looking angry at the guard. I might be small but I can stand my ground. His hollow laugh echoed through the little corridor.

"So many questions little princess! Well I can assure you that you've been a very bad girl and that you won't be getting out of here anytime soon." He said in a mocking tone while he had a huge grin on his face. This man already disgusted me. Why couldn't he just get to the point and tell me what I did to get me in here.

"Just tell me jackass." I said while raising one eyebrow. He mimicked my face and let out another laugh.

"Congratulations that will get you a couple more days in here and a few more dollars on my paycheck. And even if I wanted to tell you I can't. Your case is still ongoing so I won't tell you anything anyway." He was so full of himself, arrogant prick. Then I remembered I still might have a way out.

"Well I get a phone call, right?" I said looking straight into his eyes. He rolled his eyes and told me to hold my hands out before I could walk out of the cel. I did as he asked and he cuffed me before he opened the door. 

He told me to walk in front of him. When I walked past him he slapped my ass. I turned around and looked him death in the eye. He still had the disgusting smile on and if I could I would punch it right off his face. I decided to just turn around and start walking before he changed his mind about letting me have my call. 

I felt his eyes focused on my ass...again. I suddenly remembered that I was wearing a rather short dress. I pulled it down a little bit more. I probably looked like a hooker right now. Why again did I have to dress up for a stupid concert. 

Wait. Concert. RYLAND! That's right! I was with Ryland last night! Shit, what did we do? I hated that I still couldn't remember most of last night. I stopped in my tracks and turned around to face the guard once more.

"Is there any chance that a boy around my age is also here? His name is Ryland Lynch, he's my boyfriend." I emphasized the last word. Even though he was not, it still made me feel safer when I pretended he was.

"Well, missy, I'm not good with names but the junkie you came with last night was just picked up by his brother. He left you honey, nice boyfriend you have there" He chuckled again, finding himself very entertaining. I was all but entertained. 

I was a little shocked by his answer. So someone got Ryland and he just forget about me? Left me here to rot? Maybe I shouldn't skip to conclusions. Maybe he's just going to get something from home and then come back for me? Who was I kidding, he left me. I just wished I wasn't right about him abandoning me.

My thoughts were interrupted by seeing an old pay phone in front of me. The cop, guard, whatever he was gave me a quarter and a token. I looked at him with the biggest suspicion. Why was he being nice all of a sudden?

"For you gorgeous ass." He said while winking at me. I hated him, I hated this place and I don't really know who to call anymore. I couldn't call my parents, I couldn't call him. Wait, maybe I could call someone. I typed in the familiar number and on the third ring she picked up.

"Hello? Who is this?" Thank God, I was saved.