Chapter 14: The Ghost Of The Library

Anna ran down the corridor of the opera house, searching for the library so she could search up Enzo Martins, and Erik. Maybe she should even ask Erik if he had any journals, or if Alessandra had any, they could still be in the opera house somewhere, they just had to.

As Anna walked down the corridor towards the library, Leopold stepped out from another corridor, just as she was approaching a three way, and they ran into each other. "Anna!" Leopold said worriedly as Anna fell backwards, but reached his arm out catching her around the waist. The corridor fell dead silent as the two looked at each other, Anna feeling her cheeks turn bright red through her olive tanned skin.

Leopold slowly brought her up onto her feet, his arm still around her waist as her hands held his upper arms, and she cleared her throat, hinting to his arm. Leopold's eyes widened, and he quickly removed his arm from her waist, before awkwardly running his hand through his dark hair. Anna began to speak, "What happened with madam Denise?" Anna asks Leopold. "Well, she confessed to stealing the money, saying that she was going to return it, but she needed some to pay for some debts she has. However, detective Archibald says she has an alibi for Adelene murder." Leopold explains to Anna.

"What about the others?" Anna asks through gritted teeth feeling very annoyed of how they weren't as close as she was hoping they would after Louis told his life secret. "There doing background checks but..don't expect it to come so easily" Leopold tells Anna, and she grunts before walking around Leopold and continuing her search for the library. "What about your search for a project idea? Or Erik's delehma?" Leopold asks Anna as he ran after her, and speed walks to keep up with her as she walks determinedly down the corridor.

"I'm going to the library. I want to know if Erik or Alessandra had any journals, that I could use for proof for the project. And yes, I did find the perfect topic for my project. 'The phantom of the opera's true story' a true romance story" Anna says before she comes across the library door, and opens it wide, entering the one floored room. The library wasn't very big, but Anna didn't care, there was still giant bookshelves full of books, and hopefully hidden somewhere here are journals belonging to Erik and Alessandra.

Anna looked through every shelf, looking for any books that maybe looked out of place, checking even the inside of the books. By the time she was at the other side of the library, looking through biography section, she heard something strange. The sound of sobbing. A woman sobbing in pain and regret. "Three children.." Anna heard the woman sob, as she followed the sobbing, and stopped over in the corner by the science fiction area to see a woman in an 19th century dress looking at something in the wall.

Leopold was helping Anna and when she went walking over to a corner and was staring at it intensely, almost having a curious stare, along with one of worriedness. That's when Leopold looked at the bookshelf and noticed something metal behind it. "Anna.." he whispers to Anna snapping her out of the stare to turn her head quickly to look at him. Leopold was shocked she didn't get whiplash. "There's something metal behind that bookshelf" he tells her, confused of why she didn't see it.

Anna couldn't see what Leopold saw because the woman was blocking it, and that's when she realized. This woman was a ghost. Anna approached her slowly, "miss?" she asks catching the woman's attention. "You can see me?" she asks, her voice soft, as she hiccuped. Anna nods her head, still not able to see the woman's face, but the woman seemed to be able to see her.

When the woman turned around to face Anna and she finally saw her, Anna gasped, her eyes widening. The ghost in front of her was Alessandra Cortez, Erik's love. "Three children.." she whispers again, as if forgetting that Anna was there. "I gave him three children..but I didn't love him..the selfish bastard!" she says angrily, before breaking into sobs.