Chapter 6: Breaking And Entering

The moment the class arrived back at the hotel it was already six thirty and they would be eating soon. Anna had told Mrs. Robinson she would be returning her camera, and the teacher told Anna that was alright.

Then, Anna walked over to the elevator. When she stepped inside Jacques stopped the elevator before it could shut and Leopold entered with Jacques and Ronald.

"What happened?" Leopold asks once the door shut, and Anna turns to him. "He said he had seen, who I am guessing, is the same man in black who I had hit over the head, as he acted he was the security guard and then went into the leading ladies dressing room where he waited for her. The phantom drops the chandelier to warn the leading lady, but they didn't listen." Anna explains what the phantom had told her.

Prince Leopold began to process what Anna had just told him. It seemed to him that the phantom was trying to warn these women of their deaths, by doing all that he could as a ghost, but no one was smart enough to realize it.

Or they just needed encouragement by a familiar story, and to be smart enough to listen and make sure history didn't repeat itself, like what Anna did. But he didn't think the man wouldn't attack again, because if he was getting something out of it, he would be planning a new attack.

"You don't think..that the man in black will try something else..do you?" Leopold asks Anna and the way she became tense and her breathing looked like it had increased, Leopold knew she thought he would. And most likely he definitely would. But this time, the phantom couldn't send them a warning. Not like the chandelier.

"What else did he say?" Prince Leopold asks Anna as they reach Anna's room floor. "I am sneaking into the opera house tonight" Anna says before she stepped off the elevator and walked down the corridor.

*~*~~*~*

All throughout dinner, Prince Leopold kept looking across at Anna and tapping her foot with his trying to get her attention. However, it seemed she was immune to getting attention by annoyance.

So when dinner was over and everyone was heading for the elevator he grabbed her arm and dragged her up the staircase to the V.I.P elevator and dragged her into the elevator, where his two security were awaiting them.

Once Leopold got her into the huge elevator, Jacques and Ronald blocked the elevator door so she couldn't get by them and run out. When the doors shut, they moved out if the way. Then, Leopold released her from his grip, as he had held her against his chest, his arms wrapped securely around her, because of the fight the girl could put up.

He now understood of how she was able to save Nathalie Bernard, because the bruises that he would have on his arms and chest from her punching was unreal. And he was in good shape for a sixteen year old.

Anna escaped Leopold arms as she ran up against the elevator doors before turning to the three behind her, her face bright red from anger, and she narrowed her eyes at them.

"You are breaking into the opera house?" Leopold asks which made Anna calmed down from her anger, and it to turn into reluctance.

"Why?" Leopold asks her as he approached her. "He said he would tell me more if I did." Anna says, and prince Leopold eyes widened. "The phantom, told you to meet him? At the opera house? What time?!" Prince Leopold asks her as he grips her shoulders, feeling the worry drift through his brain and mouth before he could even process it.

In the short time he had met Anna, not even a day ago, he had felt a sort of drawn to her.

Weather or not Anna had felt a protectiveness for him, didn't cross his mind, all he was thinking was that this ghost was wanting to talk to her when no one else was around, and when the man in black could be there, and they are doing it all together. It would've been quite a twist.