Chapter 13: Erik's Love And His Death

Anna stood in the elevator, glaring at the doors. Leopold wasn't far from her, as he was trying to explain himself to her, but she wasn't even looking at him, as she tried to control her anger.

'A ball? A ball?!' Anna thought angrily. 'How do they expect me, me! To go to a ball!' Anna thinks, when the elevator dinged on her floor and she walked out, but Leopold seemed to not take that as an invitation to stop talking. "Anna, I was going to tell you. At the police station. But my parents called. I was hoping I would be the one to tell you" Leopold says as she followed her down the hallway, walking close behind her. 'I can't even flipping dance!' Anna thinks, as she got to her room door, and uses her key card to get in, but Willis followed closely after her, making Ronald close the door behind the two teens as they stood outside, letting them have their conversation.

"Anna?" Leopold asks worriedly, as Anna begins to talk to herself, very quietly. "How am I going to learn how to dance? And what to flipping wear! My god do these people ever think that someone can't afford to dress like someone from the 1800's!" Anna whispered under her breath, as she pinched the top of her nose, trying to calm herself from her frustration and anger. However, it wasn't working.

Leopold watched Anna suddenly walk over to her closet, as she began muttering under her breath, and going through the clothes she brought. "Anna? What are you doing?" He asks slowly, as he looked at her worriedly. She was starting to scare him a little.

When Anna was kneeling on the floor, muttering to herself, Leopold walked slowly over to her, until he was behind her, and helped her stand up. When he turned her around, he let out a soft gasp.

The girl had bags under her eyes, and the front of her hair was a mess. She also seemed to be having a little panic attack. "Ronald! Jacques! I need you two in here" he shouts, and his two bodyguards cane rushing inside the small room. "Get Anna a pair of pajamas. And also a hair brush" Leopold says as he has Anna sit on the bed, her still heaving heavily.

Anna's mind was raising. The murder, all these puzzle pieces, Erik. Along with she still didn't have an idea for her final project.

While Leopold grabbed a brown paper bag for lunches he had Anna breath though that, before he brushed her hair lightly, then a maid cane to help Anna dress, while they left the room. When Anna was fully dressed, and had been tucked in her bed by the maid, Leopold came back inside the room to find her already passed out. "Thank you" he thanked the maid on her way out, and he sat in that same chair from when he stayed the night after they had found Adelene, and slept in that chair once again, until the morning when Anna woke him up.

The next morning when Anna opened her eyes, due to the bright sun shining through the glass window, her gaze when she turned to the right of her, was focused on Leopold. He lay in a comfortable looking position on the chair, his head back, as he lounged comfortably.

Anna sat up, got out of bed, and poked his face lightly with one of her fingers, and he didn't even stir. However, he was breathing, which relieved her when she went looking for a pulse, worried that the murder got to him to shut her up. Just like in the dream she had last night, which was the reason behind her waking up at 6:34 in the morning.

Anna decided to leave Leopold to sleep. She changed into a casual white t-shirt, and black leggings. Once she was dressed, she put her runners on, before leaving her hotel room, hoping to go talk to Erik. She wanted to forget about the case for a while, help clear her mind, and she wanted to help him. In order to do that, however, she needed to know the rest of his story, so that maybe she could find out why he was still here.

Anna got in a cab, and drive out to the opera house, luckily it was just opening as she arrived. When Anna walked to where she met Erik, she saw him at one of the old pianos, as he tried to touch a key, but his hand just went through, but he hummed the melody it would make. "Do you know how to play?" Anna asks, as she walked down the rest of the steps. Erik turned to face her. "I do. I did." Erik says as Anna stood beside him, before she sat down on the stool in front of it. "Could you teach me?" She asks, looking up at him.