29

The room is in a quietly amused mood as Fin sits unconscious in a chair.

"Well, now that that's settled. Let's proceed to the more serious topic." Bethany says, giving Fin a side look.

"We already got the information Verna passed on. However, we need a smart move to deal with Belle Corp. They have planned this for so long. They won't be beaten easily." Chancellor says, his voice serious but tight. As if he knows something, a sort of weapon Belle Corp. has.

"So what will we do?" I ask, studying his eyes.

"We infiltrate their office as a distraction and use force against them." He replies coolly. Too calm for my taste.

"That's it?" Odeo asks, surprised. "That's the plan of the great Chancellor?"

The Chancellor's eyebrows narrow and his eyes sharpen.

"It may sound easy, but son, trust me when I say it's not. Don't ever think going against Belle Corp. will be easy." He replies.

Odeo's lips form a thin line.

"Now that that's clear, let's talk about our roles shall we?" Chancellor continues.

"I want our man to infiltrate Belle Corp. with his team. They are the new top notchers in our training academy. Valerie, you and your friends will go meet your pilot friend and shut down the Belle Corp. branch in Contra. I believe you know some people there who can help. As for the rest of our team, we will ask Miguel's men to help us bring down the main Belle Corp. and their house. This attack must be done in a week, seven days straight. We cannot afford a break nor can we afford to give them time to figure out who's attacking them. We will also broadcast their hidden agenda to the news channels. Belle Corp. will be dismantled and removed from the business world."

I look at Odeo and Valerie.

Valerie's face shows no emotion but I know she's thinking of all the details. If this is the plan we must follow, we have to be sure that it doesn't fail.

***
~Gabe~
I watch and wait. Observing the guards outside occasionally but watching for any moves from my sister and Miguel.

I sit on a chair across from my sister's bed and wait. I've always known her to be strong, someone who can overcome any challenge because she's already gone through so much. Seeing her like this, I- I can't bear it.

I look at Miguel who's stirring. He's always been there for us too whether we all admit or not. His eyes flutter open and I stand.

I walk towards him and place a hand on the rail of his bed.

"Miguel?" I ask, hoping I could hear his joking voice again.

"Hey, mijo." He says softly, his voice cracking.

I smile. "You're okay."

He chuckles but winces at the pain. "Of course. How is she?"

He keeps his eyes trained on me, not looking over at her. So I do it for him.

I look at my sister. She's so still. Her hair is nearly tucked behind her and her face is peaceful. Her arms stay at her sides and her chest moves slowly to show she's still breathing but not at a normal pace.

"She's still the same." I decide to reply.

Miguel nods and closes his eyes. "We must pray harder. We need her to make it. I need her to make it."

Miguel starts praying, something you don't hear very often.

I walk back to my chair and sit down, saying a little prayer of my own in my head.