Why Do I Keep Getting Called Mum?

So I'm Aussie and I say Mum instead of Mom. Im so used to reading Mom that if you see a switch between them im sorry.

{Stiles}

I got to Derek's early. It was a pack night and we all got a break from all the supernatural (for once). I started cooking and soon Isaac, Erica and Boyd came into the kitchen.

"Stiles, what are you cooking?"

"Yeah it smells amazing!"

"Well, I decided to go with something simple and just cook some breakfast stuff. Bacon and eggs anyone?" A chorus of 'Hell Yeah' came from the room and they left the room as Derek walked in saying "Nice, do you need any help?"

"Oh, it's fine. Its only like 5 of us right?"

"Stiles, you're missing like half of the pack."

I felt my face heat up and then heard "Mum Im hungry!!" I decided to ignore the Mum part and get a new frying pan. Derek stopped me and started helping. I chuckled and then Isaac came into the kitchen.

"Mum? The whole pack is here and I'm hungry." Before I could reply Derek told him to sit in the living room and wait. Why do I keep getting called Mum?

Eventually the food was ready and we could all settle down. We put on The Notebook thanks to Lydia (no matter how intimidating Derek is, she still won). I put some food on two plates, for Derek and I, and the rest on a big platter. Without even surprising me the pack had wolfed the food down (pun intended) before I got back and Derek looked a little annoyed but his attitude instantly changed when I handed him his plate.

-Time Skip to when everyone wants to go home-

"Hey Mum? Can I please stay at Scott's house please?" Isaac then pulled his puppy eyes that get me every time.

"Sure Issy." He thanked and hugged me then left with Scott. I checked my phone and saw that Dad was out on another late shift. Again. Already knowing this I had cooked food and left it in the fridge for him to eat when he gets home. Derek must of sensed my sadness because he asked me if I was ok.

"Oh it's nothing. I just... Well Dad's out on another shift and I'm alone tonight. Again."

DEREKS POV

My wolf whined and could tell... No, feel how lonely he was. Seeing Stiles so upset made me feel terrible. Deeerrreeeekkkkk make him feel better. Come on I don't wanna see him this sad. It hurts and you know it!

"Hey Stiles, you could stay here if you want."

"Really?" He perked up and his scent changed.

"Yeah, it's fine." He looked so happy and it cheered me up to see him like this. I smiled for a second but just enough for him to see, he looked shocked and was speechless. I got curious, how could no-one like him? Lydia is a fool for not being able to see his love for her, I just wish he could see mine for him.

STILES POV

If only he could see that I really loved him. He was gentle and caring, despite his whole 'I am the tough Alpha that you must obey or I will rip your throat out with my teeth' act. He is just a big puppy.

"Are you okay? You smell lonely."

"Yeah, just... can I have some advice?"

"Uh sure?"

"Okay, so there is this guy I like. Except he seems to hate me and I want to tell him I like him except he has a whole tough act on when really he is just a softy and he is only a softy to me. But with others he is just a tough guy who has gone through really bad things and I want to be there for him and I want him to be there for me when I need him. He is everything to me. We do a lot of stuff together like cook, clean and sometimes even lie on the couch together." Screw it. "But the greatest thing of all is being able to tell him. Right here. Right now. And I totally understand if you want me to leave."

He didn't move. But suddenly using his werewolf abilities he ran forward, and instead of feeling pain (of him ripping out my throat) I felt a stop pair of lips on my own. "Please don't leave" He whined.

"Yeah, like I would leave my world. Hey Bear?" He chuckled.

"Yeah Sti?"

"Why do I keep getting called Mum?"

"Because you are like the Mum of our Pack."

"Oh ok. Anything else?" He mumbled something incoherent and I told him to speak up.

"Cause the Alpha's Mate becomes an automatic 'Mum' of the Pack despite gender. And I could never hate you" He looked sad, but I knew I could instantly change that. I chaste kissed him and he looked instantly happy; smiling and a hint of blushing as I whispered "Okay. And I could never not love you."

This got cheesier than a cheese sandwich. Well.... yeah that's it. Lazy shit out byyyeeee